Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2004, 02:22 PM

Default straight draw

***** Hand History for Game 361849286 *****
100/200 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 2080301) - Thu Jan 29 23:28:06 EST 2004
Table Card Room Table 4490 (Real Money) -- Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: boula1 (1235)
Seat 5: mrjoecc (2565)
Seat 6: mav187 (1020)
Seat 10: SaltCracka (3180)

Okay this is my first Hand post on here and I wanted some comments or thoughts on it.
This was kind aof a crazy game, we had four people out in the first two levels.

mrjoecc posts small blind (50)
mav187 posts big blind (100)

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to SaltCracka [ Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]

SaltCracka raises (400) to 400-----> what do you think of the raise, I mostly wanted to steal the blinds if I could, but content to see a flop as well
boula1 folds.
mrjoecc folds.
mav187 calls (300)---> BB calls me, don't have much of a read on him or for anyone on the table, like I said crazy game

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9h, 3c, 7h ]---> strange flop for me, double belly buster draws, need help
mav187 checks.
SaltCracka checks.----> I think my preflop raise helped me get a free card here.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8d ]
mav187 bets (600)----> so now he goes all in, but I have a open ended staright draw, should I call here?

results to follow?
Old 01-30-2004, 02:52 PM

Default Re: straight draw

strange flop for me, double belly buster draws

Huh? 9-8-6 (for example) would give you a double-belly draw (7 for a T-high str8, J for a Q-high str8). Right now you just have overcards and a backdoor str8 draw.

so now he goes all in, but I have a open ended staright draw, should I call here?

Fold. You can't be sure how many outs you have and you could be dead to three outs if he holds JT. Even if he just made 2 pair or bottom set, you don't have odds to call.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SaltCracka raises (400) to 400-----> what do you think of the raise, I mostly wanted to steal the blinds if I could, but content to see a flop as well

[/ QUOTE ]

300 will usually accomplish the same thing for less. Fine to steal with, but must be careful if you're called and toss if you're raised.

[ QUOTE ]
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9h, 3c, 7h ]---> strange flop for me, double belly buster draws

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought a double belly buster was when 2 cards give you a different inside straight. Like if 986 had flopped and the J or 7 would work for you.

[ QUOTE ]
av187 bets (600)----> so now he goes all in, but I have a open ended staright draw, should I call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to know how many outs you have if you're behind (and I'd say you're almost always behind here). Any J figures to be good, as he most likely would've bet the flush draw on the flop. Q may be good. And the 10 is iffy.

The pot is laying about 2.4 to 1 on your call, which means you need about 14 outs to call. Call me weak, but I don't see it. I'd fold and still have the chip lead.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:13 PM

I think a better question is.....have you seen any funny screen names lately???
Old 01-30-2004, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9h, 3c, 7h ]---> strange flop for me, double belly buster draws, need help

[/ QUOTE ]

messed up there slightly, meant doulbe runner runner straight draw, if that makes any senses,
anyways he checked to me so I get to draw to it.
I have eight possible outs here, so I am roughly 16% chance to hit my card, if you think a pair of queens would take it, then you can bump my outs up to 11, roughly 22%.

Old 01-30-2004, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any J figures to be good

[/ QUOTE ]

Meant to say any J or 6 figures to be good.

Still think it's a fold though.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:11 PM

Default results

after reading everyone's replies it is not surprising that I did the opposite [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I called his all in for some reason hit my six on the river and knocked him out.

went on to win the tourney too.

BTW has everyone noticed when ever anyone posts one of these on here, they usually did the complete opposite of what everyone said to do, simply an observation.