Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2004, 01:46 AM

Default BB Aggression

Hi All,

Lately, it seems like I am becoming more and more aggressive mid to late in SnG's. Here is what I mean. 5 players left. I have garbage (2 random cards, doesn't matter), everyone folds to the button or SB. One or both limp. I raise in this situation 75% or more of the time. I am gonna make any limper pay. Further, if anything at all flops (any A or K) or I hit one of my crap random cards, I will make a pot sized bet and see what happens. It definitely seems to work (I am not tracking the % of time I drag the pot, so don't ask for numbers. I am gonna start now) enough to justify this tactic and the vast majority of players never catch on. What are your collective thoughts about this tactic?

Pitcher
Old 01-29-2004, 01:56 AM

Default Re: BB Aggression

yes, it works more than not but you have to be weary of trying it against a frustrated small stack as they may push in. This works great heads up but only a couple times as the guy catches on. usually.
-bleed
Old 01-29-2004, 02:02 AM

Default Re: BB Aggression

Hi Pitcher,

I don't raise vs. LP/SB limpers with any two cards from the BB, but if the money is getting shallow, I'll raise limpers with any decent BB hand (pair, suited connector, Ax, or Face-Face). I'm sometimes too aggressive already, and an auto-steal from the BB would give my opponents an obvious trap opportunity against me.

Cris