Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2004, 12:41 PM

Default I hate myself for doing this on the bubble....

Poker Stars 10+1 NL Hold Em, 2 table SnG. Down to the final 5. I've been trying to steal here and there, occasionally succeeding. One guy has a huge amount of chips, everyone else is about equal.

Seat 1: Minty (1545 in chips)
Seat 2: station37 (17537 in chips)
Seat 3: mikez (1901 in chips)
Seat 4: overpair (2934 in chips)
Seat 9: jedi (3083 in chips)
Ante 25
mikez: posts small blind 200
overpair: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jedi333 [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
jedi333: raises 800 to 1200

Open raise, to try to steal.

Minty: folds
station37: folds
mikez: folds
overpair: raises 1709 to 2909 and is all-in
jedi333: calls 1709

And here is where I think my problem is. I have a feeling that I should have just folded here, and taken my chances with the next hand. Maybe I haven't been paying attention to Sklansky enough.

*** FLOP *** [3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
jedi333 said, "crap"
*** TURN *** [3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
*** RIVER *** [3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
overpair: shows [8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (three of a kind, Eights)
jedi333: shows [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (high card Ace)
overpair collected 6143 from pot.

I was all in on the Big Blind on the next hand. No help there.

I think my biggest mistake here was not paying attention to the chip count and not realizing that he could have put me in such danger if I lost. Any of the other small stacks, and I at least would have still had a fighting chance. Him though, put me at under 200.

Comments?
Old 01-28-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Re: I hate myself for doing this on the bubble....

With 3k and blinds of 200-400, I would either raise all-in with AQ or muck. I wouldn't make it 1200.

In your situation I likely raise all-in. If the small stack is really small I might just muck.

Ken Poklitar
Old 01-29-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: I hate myself for doing this on the bubble....

I'd play it the same way