Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2004, 12:33 AM

Default Help with middle stages...

I am dealt A 9 off on the button and the big(I mean HUGE) stack of T4200 min raises to 400 in level 5 at PP with 6 players remaining. I have T1050. Should I just move all in here, call or just let the hand go?
Old 01-28-2004, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Help with middle stages...

Hiya imcastleman,

Depending on your stack, I'd probably flat-call here. You have position, so you can get away from the hand easily if you don't like the flop or the bet ahead of you. Moving in would probably be a mistake, as it's too likely that you're dominated.

But if a call would be for more than 1/4 of your stack, I think I'd let it go. You have nothing invested in the hand so far, and while A9o is usually a decent button hand, it's not a hand I want to die on.

Cris
Old 01-28-2004, 09:50 AM

I think on this hand I would be looking for the "Dump this hand faster than JLo dumped Ben" button. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As Cris said, you have nothing invested and a middle unsuited Ace is not likely to take you very far. Waive bye bye to the nice hand. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 11:08 AM

He raised to T400, which is 40% of your stack, and you still have two blinds to get through. I don't like the call here. I would fold, but if you absolutely have to play here...push all-in, get the blinds out(hopefully) and put the big stack to a decision. What are the blinds at level 5? I think you still have some room to play here and wait for a better spot.

CCC