Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2004, 01:27 AM

Default Question about quality posters and info in this forum.

Hello

First off i realize you can learn from anyone, and that some of the best learning is picking apart why someone is wrong. But, seeing i am new to the tournies section and in particular this brand new sit and go forum, I would like to know which posters are the best.

Which posters should you try and read every single one of their posts.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2004, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Question about quality posters and info in this forum.

Hiya rusty,

There are many quality posters here, and many styles of play represented. I would look for experienced posters who play at roughly the same buy-in level that you do, because they are most likely to be facing the same kinds of players you face.

E.g.: I typically play mid-stakes ($55 & $109 buy-in) two-table SNGs on PokerStars, and the strategies that seem to work well there probably won't work as well in an $11 one-table SNG on PartyPoker. The structures are different, the types of players are different, and you have to adjust.

Cris
Old 01-27-2004, 01:38 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Well, the question is now that you are going to get a lot of names from a lot of posters in response to your post; but how are you going to know wich of them you can trust and which don't know nothing about discarding the real good posters from the hords of show-off?

In addition to that, you are starting a debate about the posters others don't consider "good", followed by a lot of posts about why the posters who nominate other posters and not them, are totally ignorant posters themselves if they cannot se the value of the posts from the underrated posters

Confused, you will be when you begin reading posts from the new soap opera you have started [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Take care,
William
Old 01-27-2004, 01:48 AM

Yes, i was worried about something like that but hoped we could all be civil enough outside of the zoo (internet forum). I especially did not want to see anyone say someone was not worth reading, and thats why i put a hidden disclaimer at the top about even bad advice is helpful when you realize why its bad.

Old 01-27-2004, 01:53 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

The truth is i wouldn't be that worried about starting a war.

Posters at the tourney forum are MUCH better than the ones at the Zoo, so apart from a couple of indignated remarks, I don't really think much will happen.
Was funny though writting the first reply [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]