Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2004, 10:19 PM

Default Easy fold right?

I feel bad posting this because I think it is very obvious, but after a long period of running bad I want to recheck my thinking. I fear in looking back at my recent I have made some weak tight plays.

Three handed at the end of a Stars 1 table SnG. I have T3500 and I'm in the SB. BB and Button both have T5000. Blinds at 100/200 button raises to T400, this could mean anything really, I look down and find 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I reraise to T1000. BB pushes all in behind me, and button calls. This is the easiest fold in the world right? Comments on my raise also welcome.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Easy fold right?

easy fold, although i probably would have been all-in the first time it got to me. i don't like getting a good portion of my stack in out of position with a hand that is unlikely to feel comfortable after the flop.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:11 AM

It would be a tough hand to play after the flop but moving in for 7x the size of the pot seems like risking at lot to win a little.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:44 AM

Hi Mitch,

Yes, easy fold.

BTW, I wouldn't have reraised to T1000, as that left you with only 2500 to bet into what would have been a 2700 pot if called. I would have called, playing essentially for set value, but willing to bet the flop if no A or K hits, and still folded to the all-in reraise.

I don't like reraising on small pairs at this stage of a tourney, because if called I'll be a coin-flip at best, and very possibly dominated by a higher pair.

Cris
Old 01-27-2004, 01:50 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Easy fold indeed. You just got lucky and got promoted to second place.

Take care,
William
Old 01-27-2004, 12:34 PM

With the BB and SB with equal stacks, you are ensuring yourself a bump in the money (barring a split pot). I love it when I can fold and win money. Try doing that in a ring game! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 12:44 PM

This is the easiest fold in the world right?

Maybe not the easiest, but easy enough. Unless they're both on AK, you're going to move up a spot.

Comments on my raise also welcome.

I don't like it. It's not enough to make him fold anything but pure trash, but a pot-size raise to 1500 commits more than 40% of your chips, so all-in is better.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:00 PM

Default Results

I folded. BB had K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], button had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?!?! Flop had a 6 and two hearts, but turn and river both hearts to give BB the flush. Thanks for all the feedback on my inital raise, I need to rethink my play in these spots. It doesn't feel right to push in here and if doesnt feel right to fold either, maybe just calling is right.