Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2004, 09:32 PM

Default Who calls this river?

Party 2/4, 10 players, typical, no reads on any players as I'm talking work online.

Dealt QQ UTG + 2, UTG and UTG + 1 limp, I raise, BB calls, limpers call

Flop comes J high, 2 clubs. I have Q of clubs. BB checks, UTG bets, UTG + 1 calls, I raise, BB folds, both call. 3 to the turn for 14 SB

Turn is a club, still J high.

Check, check, I bet, call, call. 3 to the river for 10 BB

River is another club, still J high board. UTG bets, UTG + 1 raises, auto call w/ the 3rd nut flush?

T
Old 01-09-2004, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Who calls this river?

The board cards do matter btw. I'd probably call and hate it. The bettor most likely has something like jack or $hit, the raiser probably has you beat, but i want to see it. If the other dude overcalls, you're getting 7-1 and I'm not 84% sure you're beat.

This reminds me of hand I had on party once. I had KK, raised 4 limpers, 6 to a flop for 2 or 3 bets each of K rag rag with 2 hearts, its bet, I raise, 3 call, 4 to the turn of another low rag (no straight still)... I bet, 2 call, river is the Ace of hearts, its bet and raised to me. I sat and stared and eventually cold called getting around 9-1 and was show K7 2 pair for the better, and A7 2 pair for the raiser. They're nuts out there...
Old 01-10-2004, 05:42 AM

Default Results

I did indeed call hoping I might actually take it down, but doubting it.

Raisor had 5 clubs, bettor folded, and I took down the pot. Couldn't believe a raisor would do that--guess it took stones to do so, and the fact I thought about calling almost got him the pot. Only pot I won in that wonderful session. Glad I called.

T
Old 01-10-2004, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Results

Playerdependent.

If I was the one raising, folding your Q would have saved you $. Was the J club out there?... if so, would any normal player raise with a T or worse at a 4-flush board sitting between someone suddenly comin alive and the one betting all the way? Would be a very tricky bluffer then.

I think I would have folded this if I didnt have a read on the players and then, when I saw that pot was mine, right-click on them and start to write some very angry notes, something like: "loose riverbluffer, always call him down!"
Old 01-10-2004, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Results

Nevermind, I misread your positions.

SpaceAce
Old 01-10-2004, 11:21 AM

Default Who calls this river?

Who calls this river?

I do.