Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2004, 04:04 PM

Default BET THE RIVER

3/6 typical B&M game

el_grande has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in LP. 4 players see a flop after a capped pre-flop.

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

EP bets, MP call, el_grande raises, button folds, EP calls, MP call.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP bets, MP calls, el_grande raises, EP 3-bets, MP calls, el_grande calls.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP checks, MP checks, el_grande bets, EP calls, MP folds.

EP turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the chop.

I made a bet for value here and got MP to fold 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Betting the river is something that the players on this forum emphasize more than you read in the books. THANKS EVERYBODY!
Old 01-09-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Re: BET THE RIVER

Wow that 77 guy might be the worst player ever...
Old 01-09-2004, 09:19 PM

First off MP made a terible read/fold and EP played his aces in a strange fashion.

After the action goes check, check it's pretty clear that they think the unlikely 9 is in play. I don't think I make this bet on the river. A value bet is a bet that you want to be called. Mattering on the preflop action the only hands that call that you beat are AA,KK,QQ. After the turn I would put EP on JJ or TT. You raised the flop and raised him again on the turn but he puts in a 3rd bet. Your opponents are strange, let me say that again!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:55 PM

The only thing I can say is that I would not use this hand as encouragement for betting the river. Unless you saw the 77 (which shouldn't be the case since it was folded) I wouldn't necessarily believe the guy when he tells you after the fact that he folded it. Knowing most of these low limit players, I would more likely put him on a pair of 7s fishing for his other card to hit and give him two pair.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:59 PM

He had 77, trust me. He was right next to me and I had been talking to him and his friend next to him all night. He was pissed for at least an hour.

Old 01-09-2004, 10:17 PM

Not the brightest bulb in the pack, is he?

I hope you didn't try any showdown bluffs on him the rest of the night. I am sure he was calling everything after that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]