Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2004, 07:17 PM

Default AA hand

1/2. Loose passive. 10-handed.

I`m dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP3.
EP3 limp, MP2 limp, I raise, CO cold-call, button cold-call, BB call, EP3 call, MP2 call.
6 to the flop.

[9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ~6 BB.
Checked to me, I bet, all but BB call.
5 to the turn.

9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 8 BB.
Checked to me, I bet, CO call, button raise, EP3 call, MP2 call, I call.
5 to the river.

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 17 BB.
Checked to button that bet. It`s folded to me, what do I do?
Old 01-06-2004, 08:18 PM

Default Re: AA hand

Why not Raise the Turn? the 9 isnt that bad unless he have 1 and if he do, he will most likely 3bet which will make river alot easier for u...
On river u r prolly done...Since all he needs is a Q,9 or a spade...but since pot is so large and so much weird stuff happens at that limit i would prolly just call
Old 01-06-2004, 08:29 PM

Fold the river. I see aces lose this way so many times it's not even funny.

It would be shockingly rare for the button to NOT turn over a Q or a 9.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:41 PM

Man that did get ugly.
Preflop fine, you raised, got called, perfect.

Flop, nothing fancy bet it out. So far so good.

Turn: Buttone raises you, I more often than not three bet him here to really see how much the 9 helped him. It makes my river play alot easier. If capped, I check call the river against typical opposition. (Very few people will cap a flush draw in that spot, nor will they cap AQ.)

You can make a case for folding to the cap, but the pot is too big and you only have to be wrong 1 in 15 or so to be mathematically incorrect. (Like that MajorKong?) Likewise on the river.

If they don't cap the turn , I bet the river.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:52 PM

You bet the river in this hand? With the flush possibility and the boat, in case someone had the Q?

I sure am sorry I didn`t 3-bet the turn, maybe then things would`ve turned out differently. Will I ever learn this game I wonder...

No one called buttons bet on the river, but he showed us his hole cards. I suppose he was all excited. He flipped over pocket 6's.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:00 PM

3 PAIRS !!! O_o
Old 01-06-2004, 09:03 PM

The pot is big enough for you to call. This would be true for any position but it is doubly true for the button who will attempt more steals.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:17 PM

If he doesn't cap, I bet the river. Awful hard for him to call with those 6's now isn't it???
Old 01-06-2004, 09:18 PM

Turn: Buttone raises you, I more often than not three bet him here to really see how much the 9 helped him. It makes my river play alot easier. If capped, I check call the river against typical opposition. (Very few people will cap a flush draw in that spot, nor will they cap AQ.)

I don't understand why you'd three-bet the turn since you plan to ignore the information a cap gives you and call it down anyway. If you aren't confident enough to fold to a cap, then you shouldn't three-bet. You should just call and check-call the river.

-- Homer
Old 01-07-2004, 02:14 AM

I think 3-betting is wrong... and part of the reason is that you cannot fold to a 4-bet. At that point, the pot is so gigantically huge, you are basically getting odds to call for your two outter alone.