Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2004, 11:57 AM

Default Night or Day not paying props

Night or Day poker have now not paid their props for two straight payments, and a third is looming.

People have been told that this is a problem from Golden Palace's end.

Please remember that although this may be true, GP has at least 61 front ends and they have probably gone through this process many times.
NoD are taking the line that new sites always have teething problems.

Props are different to other poker players, they have taken the route as prop as for whatever reason, the steady income is valuable to them as opposed to high varience.

It is my belief that NoD should make an approximate payment, erring on the high side, to ALL of their props and sort out any errors at a later date, if this ends up costing NoD a few dollars then just remember how the owner of NoD is always telling us that nothing beats good customer service.

Not getting paid for the best part of a month is NOT good customer service when these people have families to feed and xmas (oops, too late for that one) to pay for.

Mary, you are always telling us that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, in this case, not only are the wheels squeaking, but they are rusting and about to fall off, I recommend a complete and immediate overhaul of the whole vehicle.

Lori
Old 01-06-2004, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Night or Day not paying props

I used to prop for Victor Chandler and I believe all their payments were organised by GP. I NEVER had a late payment and neither did any of the other props that i knew there.

So saying that this is a GP problem is a load of b******s

Sort it out Mary. I assume that someone with your large contact base can put this right in no time.

Ali
Old 01-06-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Cyndie is a con-artist

Excellent post, Lori. Thank you for warning us about NoD. We should warn people on a regular basis so new people don't get scammed.

Cyndie is the bombastic queen of scams and lame excuses.

Old 01-06-2004, 07:32 PM

Sigh...I have been nagging and nagging about the payments. If you want an approximate idea of how much you have played, I can tell you, but there is no chance that you won't get paid, but this program is different from the VC prop program and it is not as simple to calculate as they thought.

However, thank you...this thread will make it clear how important it is to get this done quickly. Unlike affiliate programs, we are supposed to get the email list of players, but that hasn't been given to us yet. Holidays do slow people down when it comes to new projects.

For those of you who were concerned about the ID requirements...They are not as offensive as we thought. The initial neteller money can be returned to your neteller account without ID, but profit will require verification. This was not the initial understanding, and we are not thrilled, but the process they use does not require ANY private information. It is actually quite clever. It does require faxing, or a very slow snail mail process.

P.s. We apologize for the delay, but have always wanted to get through a complete cycle to iron out delays. The players who have signed up are welcome to contact me, and arrangements can be made. This program is totally different from the prop program...many fewer restrictions.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:43 PM

"The initial neteller money can be returned to your neteller account without ID, but profit will require verification"

Whoopededoo. Big deal, someone can get their intitial buy in back no problem, but if they want to get their profit they have to spend hours faxing confidential forms to a bunch of shady characters. Sounds like a super deal. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 07:47 PM

I somewhat have a gist of what Lorinda is about. I think that night or day must have been really stalling for her to have posted this.

Shame on you cyndie/mary/pokerscene/nightordaypoker.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:53 PM

We do need certain information in order for you to be cleared by our
security department,
once your cleared, we gladly send out any money you've won to you.

The information we need is: a copy of your driver's licence
a copy of both sides of the credit card
you registered with us
a copy of the top part of a credit card bill
a copy of the top part of a utility bill
(electric, water, etc)

Now many of our customers are concerned that this information can be unsafe, and many people don't like sending this information. In order to help those people out here is a breakdown of what we can accept

-A copy of your driver's license
you can block out everything except for your name, address, and date of birth anything else your free to cover with a black marker so that we cannot see
it, as we do not need anything else from there

-a copy of both sides of the credit card registered with us
you can block out everything except for the first 4 and last 4 digits of
the credit card
we also require the name and expiry date of the card

-a copy of the top part of the credit card bill
all we need is part of the letterhead of the bank, as well as your name and address the rest your free to block out

-a copy of the top part of a utility bill (phone, cell phone, electric,
cable, etc)
all we need is part of the letterhead of the bank, as well as your name and
address
the rest your free to block out

Should you have any questions regarding this information, please contact us by email (replying to this email) or by phone, at
1-888-217-5648
I hope this answers your questions, and helps you feel comfortable with
sending in
security information to us.

By the way, this information can be faxed or emailed to us:
you can fax it to: 1-888-557-8851 or you can email it to: security@goldenpalace.com please make sure to write your username or poker name on the fax or email
in a noticeable area.

Happy Holidays,

Brad
Customer Care

Thank you,
From Golden Palace
pitboss@goldenpalace.com

Old 01-06-2004, 07:58 PM

a copy of the top part of a utility bill

What do you need this for, isn't a drivers license enough..? You gonna pay my bills for me?

Second question cyndie..

How are you getting around legal issues? It is currently illegal for a U.S citizen to run, own, or operate a online poker a site according the to Federal Wire act. What am I missing here? In fact one of the biggest opponents of online gaming is, Jon Kyle a senator from Arizona the very state where you reside.

So how exactly are you running a poker site here in the U.S

Old 01-06-2004, 08:12 PM

If you want an approximate idea of how much you have played, I can tell you,

In that case why can't you pay approximate wages and sort it out later.

However, thank you...this thread will make it clear how important it is to get this done quickly

You are a grown-up now with your own site and everything, no longer can you use this excuse, YOU are now the person who should be clearing things up quickly, there are several of your props extremely angry at having no money.

Pay them their money, worry about how much later, you're only paying 30% of rake back anyway for goodness sakes, it's not like an overpayment is going to accidentally give them a good deal or anything.

For those of you who were concerned about the ID requirements

Why do people who cant get paid need ID? What has this to do with the problem you are failing to address?

This program is totally different from the prop program...many fewer restrictions.

To get anything near a respectable rate you have to play fairly long hours at off peak times. A 30% payment is dreadful, no restrictions at all would only be approaching reasonable.

Lori

Old 01-06-2004, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want an approximate idea of how much you have played, I can tell you, but there is no chance that you won't get paid

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I want to know how much I have played when I have NEVER played on your site (as a prop or otherwise)??

I was referring to my propping days at VC and the fact that their payments also came from GP and that your using GP as an excuse for non/late payments was a crock. FYI, my prop payments were NEVER late.

It is my understanding that your site it not paying its props and that is out of order (whether its the xmas holidays or not). Having been a prop, I know that you need to put in hundreds of hours to make your money and to not get paid at the end of it is completely out of order.