Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2004, 02:36 AM

Default 6-12 Hold\'em Borgota What are Luke\'s cards.

Here is a hand I sweated when Luke played in the 6-12 HE game at the Borgota, he was parked on my right and not voluntarily. :-)

Anyway, I think he played this hand very well.
Can you name his two exact hole cards. I did rather quickly and I'm sure everyone can. But lets see if you guys are really good.

Luke limps in the cutoff with xx. - I think it was the cutoff, because I folded on the button.

There were four limpers and he limped, I folded the button.

The flop came down 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

It was bet out by UTG and everyone called to Luke in which he raised, everyone called, I'm pretty sure the blinds dropped out.

On turn fell a 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or some low rag.

It was checked to Luke and Luke checked.

On the river falls a J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

UTG bets, one person inbetween Luke and UTG calls and Luke raises.

What are Lukes cards??

EXACTLY!
Old 01-06-2004, 02:42 AM

Default Re: 6-12 Hold\'em Borgota What are Luke\'s cards.

8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 03:28 AM

I'm thinking 98 of hearts.

In a regularly structured game, I like having the better players to my left, so I can isolate the ones to my right.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:35 AM

"Here is a hand I sweated when Luke played in the 6-12 HE game at the Borgota, he was parked on my right and not voluntarily. :-)"

I would LOVE to have you on my left.

"Luke limps in the cutoff with xx. - I think it was the cutoff, because I folded on the button"

See? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 05:39 AM

well since you said it was easy i guess the answer is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. although i would like to think the answer is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] because i really like JTs for some reason.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:21 AM

C'mon Clarky, you mean to tell me you play the button every single time, even with complete dog pu pu.
Actually I think you do....if you are completing in the SB with 35o. But in all honestly though, I can't play those hands and then show a profit with them.

I'm still in the learning mode of this game, I can't play more hands than most pros like yourself. Like limping with 35o in the SB and T3o. I can't play those hands yet.

my requirements are alot higher.

Old 01-06-2004, 08:12 AM

looks like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Or the weakest played A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that Ive ever seen in my life.

Probably the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] though.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:44 AM

Here I am, working on posting this same hand and little do I know Mikey already beat me to it.

Not that it matters all that much, but I should point out that I remember the hand slightly differently. I belive the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] was on the flop and the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] was the turn card.

Luke
Old 01-06-2004, 11:59 AM

Just to be a little different...K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 12:03 PM

Sure it's great on hands like this when I'm playing, he mucks and now I have the button. But I tend to prefer to act after the best player(s) in my game.

Luckily though, and perhaps not surprising to many on this forum, in almost 4 hours of play together, we did not see the turn in the same hand once. I hope Mikey thanked his lucky charms. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Luke