Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2004, 05:39 PM

Default BOSS tourney reminder

[ QUOTE ]
rkiray:

I emailed you yesterday evening as follows,

$20+2 limit on True at Jan 11, 9:00 pm EST would be fine.

We'll do the bonuses you suggested

$12 rebate for 100 raked hands played since 12:01 am December 15, (up to 80 players in the field)

$2 early bird, for registration by January 6, 11:59 PM EST,

Hats to all players who finish out of the money,

$5 added to first ten side bets who notify info@truepoker.com

I'll check with Support re whether we can readily track flops seen % or look for most UTG positions. So, I would propose we do those, if possible or
propose a substitute if we cannot. We can do something tied to "first with a specific hand" more readily.

Sorry for delay, travel and under the weather.

We do value the business of posters from the small stakes forum, pleae take advantage of our 20% first time deposit bonus if anyone considering play does not yet have a Truepoker account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I copied this from a previous post. If you are interested in this tourney and have 25 poker related posts in SS, PM me for password. Do not PM me with questions. Post them here. We already have 18 people signed up and several people asked for passwords the last few days and only 2 of them registered so far. So I think we should have at least 30 or 40 players since most people tend to procrastinate. Still some trash talking wouldn't hurt. JTG, that seems to be your speciality.

BTW, I think there are probably still some $5 bet add-ons. Anyone interested in a $10 last longer with me?
Old 01-03-2004, 05:55 PM

Default Re: BOSS tourney reminder

I'll take that bet if noone else volunteers. I am looking for some revenge after my performance in the SS vs Zoo tourney.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:02 PM

Sounds good. I'll e-mail True poker now.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:20 PM

I got an e-mail back and we qualfied for the add-on. I don't think we got the last spot, so a few more of you should try to make some bets. Post 'em here and maybe try some trash talk. Bob is obviously a fool to bet against me since I finished 19th in the last tourney and he finished 50th. His results were so pitiful he couldn't even make the top 1/2 of the field. (Here's an easy challenge, almost anyone should be able to trash talk better than me).

Also there are only a couple of days left to qualify for the early entry bonus. We have 19 people signed up so far, but I've sent out over 50 passwords. I figured that since this is an "SS only event" (although several people who post more on the zoo than here asked for the pw) about 30-40 would be a good turn-out. I think we will get that. Here's another challenge. Prove me a pessimistic fool and fill all the spots (80).
Old 01-04-2004, 01:42 PM

Ill take a $10 bet w somebody, but im sure I wont get any takers...sigh..since I finished 8th in the last tourney.

Somebody..anybody. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2004, 03:31 PM

OK here's some real trash talk :

I went to True to try to copy the list of whoose signed up for the tourney, then I wanted to start a debate about who was the favorite and who was the biggest dog. I could not find a way to copy the list, and I'm too lazy to do it by hand. But I was surprized. The list actually looked pretty soft. There are a couple of very good players who have asked for passwords, but they haven't signed up yet. So (especially if you take advantage of the discounts True is offering) looks like a +EV situation. OTOH, since TT isn't on the list, I couldn't really find a huge dog either. I challenge everyone here to go to the list and pick favorites an
Old 01-04-2004, 04:28 PM

I am interested in playing, and dont have an account. What is TP's bonus policy? Does anyone know an afffilate to the site?
Old 01-04-2004, 04:43 PM

I think TPCEO mentioned in one of his posts something about a 20% bonus for new accounts, but I've had an account for a long time, so I'm unsure. I've never really been into bonus whoring. I prefer to minimize the number of times I transfer money over the internet. Not sure if I'm just lazy or paranoid, probably a bit of both (but more lazy).
Old 01-05-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Bump (NM)

Old 01-05-2004, 01:10 PM

The list actually looked pretty soft.

Soft? Dude, I've already registered. What you see there is a 20-way race for 2nd. I'll take your last-longer bet with one caveat -- if I last longer, you must refer to any tournament I enter in 2004 as "a decidedly -EV event."

Deal?