Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2004, 12:35 AM

Default 2/4 Inside Straight Draw

Hey guys, just wondering your opinion on my call on the flop with an Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] inside straight draw with no flush opportunity on the flop. Was I incorrect to call the bet?

Thanks!

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and is BB

UTG limps, EP1 limps, CO limps, Button limps, SB limps, Hero checks

Flop(6 SB): 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, EP1 bets, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG folds

Turn(5 1/2 BB): J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks, EP1 checks, CO bets, Button raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, EP1 calls, CO folds, Button calls

River(15 1/2 BB): 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, EP1 calls, Button calls
Old 01-01-2004, 05:10 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Inside Straight Draw

this call is very marginal because of the two-flush on the flop. i would probably fold, but you won't lose too much calling here - IF you play it correctly if/when both your straight and the flush hit. since that's often hard to do i think you're usually best off folding unless you're getting something like 13-1 or 14-1 on the call.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:56 AM

you're gettign 10-1 on a gutshot . marginal call. but the flush draw sets you bakc a bit ... so it's marginal. up to you. i say fold.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:27 PM

This gut shot discussion is right out of HEPFAP's odds and implied odds section:

However, if a two flush is on board, or for some other reason you are not sure your hand will be good if you hit it, you probably would want odds of at least 11-to1- to call.

Allan