Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2003, 10:21 AM

Default New Year, New Goals

With the fast approaching new year I find myself reviewing 2003's stats and contemplating my goals for 2004. I know some people don't want to share exact $$$ figures but some goals don't need $$$.

In 2003 I had 1 negative month, my goal in 2004 is 0.

In 2003 I went up 2 stake levels, my goal in 2004 is to gain enough BR to go up 1 more.

Starting the year off 2 stake levels higher than last year and hopefully ending up 1 more stake level my goal is to double profit in 2004 over 2003's.

I have a goal of 50 NL multi-table tourneys for 2004 showing a profit.

I want to double my total to 20 women on a yacht! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

What are your goals?
Old 12-29-2003, 10:32 AM

Default Re: New Year, New Goals

In a nutshell, I'm looking to move up to the middle limits over the next year. I know it's going to be a difficult journey, but I'm confident I can make it (although I know it might take longer than a year).

I've made a project of sorts to help me get to my goals, it's structured somewhat like the OIC, but on a much larger scale. If you want to check it out you can visit the Sophomore Poker link in my sig.

Also the whole peace on earth, goodwill towards men thing.

Jason
Old 12-29-2003, 10:59 AM

Jason, what limits are you currently playing? I read your plan for 2004. I think if you really want to play poker, then try the 5/10 SH games. This is about all I play right now. There are many different styles of play on these tables. Figuring out who fits what style and how to adjust is a worthwhile challenge. So far it has been a profitable one as well for me. I'm sure it will be for you too as long as you have the proper BR. I'd recommend at least $5000, because the swings are pretty big. Going on a losing streak while playing two tables will test you, but I think you are up for it. Good luck to you in '04.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:58 PM

My goals for 2004:

Play 2/4 until I reach 500 playing hours, then move up to 3/6 (currently have about 125 hrs @ 2/4).

Try to withdraw at least $500/mo to pay off some bills.

Try to play at least 70-80 hrs a month, maintaining at least 2.5BB/hr win rate.

No more tilting [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Try to stay away from multi-tournies [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I managed 3rd place in one, winning $800, but I think it affected my ring play negatively. I had a hard time grinding it out after that nice little score.

Finally, all the normals goals: lose weight, quit smoking, cut down on drinking [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Happy New Year to all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 02:09 PM

My goal over the next 12 months is to build my bankroll and my skills enough to move up from my current $2/4 limit to $5/10 .
Old 12-29-2003, 02:30 PM

I'd like to move up to 2/4 first, I'm hoping within the first quarter of the year, (because the table selection at 1/2 Party is killing me with all the 6 max which I don't like).

I'm thinking I might stay at 2/4 for awhile, but if I do get up to 300 BB for 3/6, I might give it a shot to see how it compares.

Whether I get up to 3/6 or not, I'd like to actually be taking some money out of poker in 2004 instead of just using all my winnings to build my bankroll.

Oh, and I want to get enough quality reading time with HEPFAP and TOP to actually understand a little of each [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-29-2003, 03:46 PM

I'm not going to play internet poker any more.

Or any less.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Play 2/4 until I reach 500 playing hours, then move up to 3/6 (currently have about 125 hrs @ 2/4).

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't you move up when your roll/skill is adequate. Anyway, my goals for 2004:

- Continue to build my roll each month, whilst withdrawing enough to make it worthwhile.

- Increase the limit I play when I feel comfortable playing at that level.

- Try to go on tilt less. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

- Win one of those damn Stars multi table tournys.

- Try and post more here about how to play poker rather than typical Zoo posts.

and of course win a WSOP bracelet (no one said they had to be realistic).
Old 12-29-2003, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't you move up when your roll/skill is adequate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I figure after 500 hrs I will have the bankroll, plus the confidence to move up. I've played a little 3/6 with mixed results. No sense in getting ahead of myself, I want to set reasonable goals. I'll have to see how it goes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 08:49 PM

I don't understand why you all are hoping to go up like 1 level over 12 months... I certainly hope that isn't your goal. If you make even 2 BB/100 it should only take you a couple of weeks at the most of real play to move up a level.

To double your limits, say to go from 1/2 to 2/4 you have 300 BB in your bankroll and you just need to get 600. That's 300 BBs at 2 per 100 hands. So 15000 hands, playing three tables at once you churn out about 100 hands every .75 hours... should take about 112.5 hours. That's like a month at 5 hours a day. Don't have the time? Play half that and move up in 2 months. At that rate, you could go from .5-1 to 1-2 to 2-4 to 4-8 to 8-16 to 16-32 (or the equivalent of party's 15-30).

That's my goal this year, to go from grinding it out at 2-4 to living large playing with the rich clowns on the 15-30 tables.

And don't try to tell me the games get harder as you move up the limits, they get easier.

Right Daryn? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]