Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 09:11 PM

Default some beat FPS out of me...please

5-10 at TRUE

I get 77 in MP; about 3 limpers to me and i lmp also, everyone behind comes along. Flop comes 7,10, 4 with two diamonds; damn near. Checked to me and I bet. Still got four of us.

Turn is 4 of diamonds. I'm full and there is a three flush on the board. Checked to me and I check obviously hoping to check raise a bunch of folks. No go, it is checked around.
River is an ugly 10. Gets checked around again.

Amazingly my hand is good but I gotta think that I left at least four big bets out there.

Somebody just beat fancy play syndrome out of my system once and for all.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:20 PM

Default Re: some beat FPS out of me...please

All right, allow me.
That is a dream scenario. You fill with a three flush on board?! On the turn you HAVE to bet, anyone with a big diamond is going to call you. You might even catch someone with A4. The river is a little scary though. still worth a bet, and if you get raised you can be pretty sure you're beat.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:28 PM

Basically what Bunky said. With the three flush on the board you have to bet. You could easily get raised by any flush and may get a chance to cap if the nut flush is out. Also you want to win the pot now you have to try and move somebody out or at least get some of there money. What if a T comes on the river...oh wait a minute.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:33 PM

I hate the turn check, not because it didn't work, but because your reasoning behind it. You want to checkraise? There is a good possibility that you'll be raised if you bet. Would you rather have 0-2 bets per person on the turn or 1-3? Somebody, I need a calculator. Until I get one, I'm going to guesstimate and say yeah, bet the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]