Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2003, 11:06 PM

Default Rate my play from BB.

This is a very loose and way passive game. I am in BB with Q-3 off suit. There are 9 players in pre flop no raise. I tap the table on my option.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I have top and bottom and bet into this field sure I am not sure where everyone is. It is called in 7 spots so the draws are out there. there is now 8 BB in the pot.

Turn is the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] SB checks I check looking to check raise if it is not bet or raised by either of the 2 weak players in late position. Flawed thinking? It is checked to late weak player and he bets and a total of 6 see the river.

River is ugly 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I check it is checked to other weak player who bets in front of the other late weakie who thinks for 1/2 second and just calls the SB calls. This is a fold in my mind....or is it? I folded it. Results to come!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Swiss Cheese

Old 12-13-2003, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Rate my play from BB.Results

I folded as I said, and the river bettor turns over What he thought was a flush and the late position weakie turns over 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for turned straight. Sb mucks and Late weakie takes the pot. The river bettor had a spade and a club and thought he had 2 clubs.

Swiss Cheese
Old 12-14-2003, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Rate my play from BB.

hi swiss
swiss can't you see the turn check-raise? you're suppose to be trying to win this thing.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Rate my play from BB.

Elysium,

I agree with the turn check raise if the bet wasn't from such a weak player. This bet screams strength. This is the reason for the call and the fold on river.

Swiss Cheese