Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2003, 02:56 PM

Default Beating the bluffer out of position

Last night on a $100 Party NL game, and I was playing against a player that would bet almost every flop that was checked to him. This player would limp in with literaly any 2 cards. After playing for half an hour or so, I developed a stratagy.

When he Bet, I could call with any 2 over cards. Then if everyone else folded, which seemed to happen more offten than not, I would come out betting like $10 at him. Everytime I pulled this move, he called the turn, and folded for a bet on the river, wether I made a hand or not, becaue he generaly had nothing, or nothing worth calling a bet with. I pulled this move on him 5 times with 100% success, as the only time he called on the river, I had the best hand.

AeonBlues
Old 12-12-2003, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Beating the bluffer out of position

This feels like heads up limit HE play. There a general strategy is to look for weaknesses in the opponents betting patterns and try to take advantage of that. Of course, that's a good strategy in NL too, but it's harder to implement. You did well to pick up on a viable strategy so quickly.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Beating the bluffer out of position

Looks like you picked up on his weakness which is great. Put him on your buddy list and hammer him until he's dead broke.

SpaceAce