Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 10:35 PM

Default Omaha 8 / Ethical to split Pot when heads up on Turn or No?

I was recently in a 30-60 Omaha game and the following situation came up. I saw a free flop w/ KQJ4 (suits unimportant) w/ 4 total players in the pot.

The Flop came K-4-4. I checked, UTG bet, MP raised, LP player folded. I re-raised. UTG called, MP capped. All call.

The turn paired the King, making the board K-K-4-4. I bet, UTG called, MP raised, I reraised, UTG called, MP capped, I called, UTG folded. At this point MP and I both knew each other had K-4 and MP asked "Do you want to chop?" I had the QJ so I declined saying "I have 2 over cards to hit, I'll see the turn". He then said he had 2 over cards as well, turing over KQ64. I agreed to chop , but the table had mixed ideas, saying we couldn't raise out the UTG player just to chop the pot - However, since we both had the nuts and a 3 outer for a scoop, I didn't see the problem. If we were trying to squeeze him out and chop that's one thing, but after he folded, we both had the same hand and hte same re-draw.

What's your thoughts on this? Is it fine to chop when 2 players have the nuts and its heads up? (Neither of us would've agreed to chop if we had an edge over the other - ie, he's got 346K and I had 4QJK so I'm 2-1 to scoop him if either of us does scoop- , but w/ the same redraw, I would've been happy to chop).

In the actual hand, it didn't matter as the dealer went ahead and turned the river which paired neither of us.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Omaha 8 / Ethical to split Pot when heads up on Turn or No?

I think you should just go ahead and finish the hand. This is limit, not no limit... your potential loss is very small. It is much worse to make others at the table suspicious that you and your partner are playing together than it is to lose your half of this pot 1/7 times.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Omaha 8 / Ethical to split Pot when heads up on Turn or No?

Unethical.