Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2003, 03:55 PM

Default The cry for postflop decisions is answered!

Maybe this play is more straightforward than I believe it was, but I felt it was debatable on nearly every street. This hand is from a 10/20 table on Party Poker.

I am in the big blind with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Folded to a tight preflop but crappy postflop player 4 to the right of the button who raises. Button is a pretty good postflop player but fairly loose(at least looser than I am) preflop player. Small blind folds, and I call(ok?).

Flop comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

This flop had to have missed these guys, and I don't think they are capable of putting me on a hand. I bet. Garbage postflop player calls. Pretty good postflop player calls. OK. Thanks for no information. I put crappy postflop man on overcards and possibly a draw and good postflop man squarely on a heart draw.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I like it. I bet again to charge the draw. Crappy player calls, and good player raises. What the heck does he have here? What's your play?

I call(which I think was a mistake!), crap-man calls.

River is a Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, crap man bets, OK player thinks and calls, and I muck it.
Comments? Results and reasons to follow.
-James
Old 12-04-2003, 04:09 PM

Default Re: The cry for postflop decisions is answered!

you played it fine. reraising the turn is fine too. doesnt really matter in the long run. sounds like you lost to crapguy with nothing and 77 on the button.