Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2003, 05:54 PM

Default First crack at Foxwoods 20-40

I unexpectedly wound up at Foxwoods on Saturday afternoon. I got myself involved in the 20-40 game for the first time. I was only able to play for less than 2 hours, and I wish I could have been involved in more hands, but I kept getting junk and I had to fold pre-flop. All in all I lost about 4 BB. I'll have to give it another shot someday.

Anyway, I had this hand I was wondering about.

Loosey goosey open limps in MP. Decent player raises on the button. He would do this with a wider range of hands than normal to isolate loosey, and he probably expected the tight SB (me) to fold. I called with Q-10s. Loosey BB also calls.

4 to the flop of Q-X-X, all clubs. Checked to button who bets, I check-raise. Loose players fold. Button looks a little ill and calls.

The turn is another small club. I bet. Button calls again. He seems resigned to calling me down.

River is a total brick. Is it worth a bet?
What about my pre-flop call. Too loose?
Old 11-30-2003, 07:26 PM

Default Re: First crack at Foxwoods 20-40

I would bet the river for value, if he's the kind of guy who will call you down with AK or AJ (you get these a surprisingly large amount of time online, im not sure about live.) I'm not sure I like the preflop call tho, especially as the SB will be half the BB. You should defend the BB a lot, and the SB a hell of a lot less.

gl

dd