Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2003, 11:04 AM

Default Guess the UB 1/2 hands, there\'s alot going on here...

10-handed, no reads. I'm in LP with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

2 callers, MP1 raises, 2 folders, I 3-bet, CO folds, Button folds, SB and BB fold, UTG and EP call 2 cold, MP1 calls. 4 to the flop for 12 SB.

Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG checks, EP1 bets, MP raises, I 3-bet, UTG folds, EP1 calls 2 more cold, MP caps it, I and EP1 call. 3 to the turn for 12 BB.

Turn is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

They check to me, I bet, they both call.

River is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

EP1 bets, MP folds, I call.

= Should I have raised the river here? Of course I'm scared to death of the straight, but would EP1 have shown it to me on the turn with a checkraise if he had it? Or even better, why does he come to life on the river when the 3rd diamond hits? Aaargh, too much to think about... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

= What did EP1 and MP have, and was I good?

Results to follow. TIA.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Guess the UB 1/2 hands, there\'s alot going on here...

i'd raise. at these limits you can never rule out the possibility of a backdoor flush, but i think the chances you are ahead are still well over 50%, since no one raised the turn. more, if he has the straight, he may not reraise because three diamonds are on board, so the chances of getting three-bet are lessened.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Guess the UB 1/2 hands, there\'s alot going on here...

Well, EP1 flipped A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for a rivered pair of aces. MP said later he had a flopped set of jacks. My kings are good.

Any other opinions? Even in hindsight, I think that board is a bit too scary for me to raise. Am I a wuss?