Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2003, 05:19 PM

Default PokerBabe, I think you have a copywright infringement!

From Rolf Slotboom's latest PokerPages article:
<font color="red"> 1. Dress nicely, shave, don't look tired. Go to the sun studio once in a while. You don't have to wear Armani suits all the time, but make sure you look prepared and ready to do your job: play as well as you can. <font color="blue"> Or, as Dick Davis stated in his "Holy Poker Bible": "A player who looks like a bum is likely to play like a bum. It's for certain he will be thought of as a bum." </font> </font>

If that isn't a blatant theft of "LGPG" then I don't know WHAT is!

Go get'em!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:39 PM

Default Re: PokerBabe, I think you have a copywright infringement!

yea the new breed of poker instructors now give advice on how to dress at the table. i remember when some people used to explain the correct way to play hands. if you cant beat a 30/60 game you probably arent qualified to write about other than dressing at the poker table. this may offend some but so be it.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:18 PM

At least if he recommended eating right and exercising we might be healthier and live longer. We might even be more alert and think better at the poker table. That "sun studio" he recommends can't be too healthy.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:06 PM

INDEED Easy. The PokerBabe has been imitated many times. There are other babes (I use that term loosely) trying to put up websites with the term "PokerBabe" in them, there are guys trying to use my slogan (but they can't figure out what it means) and there are authors pontificating on the Babe's fashion advice at the poker table. What next? Oh well.....there is nothing like the original, and imitation is the "highest form of flattery".

LGPG,

Babe [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2003, 09:19 AM

Yes i agree. Rolf talks about silly things that are not important because he doesn't know enough technical skill to tell people how to play.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:38 AM

"A player who looks like a bum is likely to play like a bum."

Those words only make sense if written while gazing out a corporate office window. The view from the ground is all different. I'm thinking of a handful of tough locals I know, and they are ALL bums! That's how they got so good at poker, by not having a job. And the reason they can stay in action through the tough times is because during the good times you won't find them at the mall. To look down at a poker player because of his clothes is like thinking poorly of a garbageman because he smells bad.

(Ray, you are as always dead on straight and honest and right. hugs)

Tommy
Old 11-16-2003, 12:24 PM

Ray,
Is beating up my regular 500 / 1000 Euro buy-in pot-limit Omaha game against some of the best European players, over a period of four years, 250 days a year, good enough to qualify as a writer, or should I first step down to a $30-60 game?
Old 11-16-2003, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray,
Is beating up my regular 500 / 1000 Euro buy-in pot-limit Omaha game against some of the best European players, over a period of four years, 250 days a year, good enough to qualify as a writer, or should I first step down to a $30-60 game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rolf,

If you regularly play against "some of the best European players", then I suggest you practice better game selection before teaching others how to dress.

Old 11-16-2003, 04:33 PM

Default I was WONDERING if you\'d find this thread...

are you feeling the love??
Old 11-16-2003, 05:01 PM

Default Man, everyone drinks Haterade on 2+2

Why ya'll gots to hate so much, what did Rolf ever do to you, to say he aint qualified as a writer and that he needs to make better game selection?

I feel ya Rolf, no matter what you do or how good you do it man, the haters are still gonna come in droves.

Ryan_21