Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2003, 04:33 AM

Default Empire/Party Question: Topping up my stack in NL...

Given that the no-limit and pot-limit games online have maximum buy ins, I have to constantly top up my stack when starting a session (and hopefully not by the time I'm ending a session). This is especially true at Empire/Party, as they only let you bring 50 big blinds to the table.

Since I returned to no-limit, I've had problems with the "more chips" feature. Sometimes, say in a $25 NL game when I have about $18.50 (or some random figure below $25), I'll go to top up my chips and I will bring the maximum I can back to the table ($6 in this example). When I do this, sometimes it will bring me only one or two dollars, or a few dollars less than I asked or whatever. This is a problem.

Another concern is in the past when you ask to top up my stack, and am told I'll get my chips when the hand is completed. However if I win the hand in question and my stack becomes larger than $25, they wont and should not give my my top up.
From memory, they tell you that you cannot have your chips brought to the table. Now I don't get this notification.

What I am not sure of is this: are they still deducting the full say $6 from my balance and giving me only a portion of this in the room I'm in. Because I'm playing 3 tables at once most times, I haven't been able to check on this. I just assumed everything was ok.

But then a freind gave me a small transcript of him talking with party about my second point, trying to top up 7 more dollars, winning the hand and not getting his money. But he alleged the money was still deducted from his account.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this?
Old 11-13-2003, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Empire/Party Question: Topping up my stack in NL...

Say you have $21 at the table and you call $2 preflop and then fold after the flop. If you reload party will only let you reload to $23. Don't why they do that if you've folded but you gotta wait till the hand's over to get the other $2.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Empire/Party Question: Topping up my stack in NL...

I've had the same problem on Party. They are deducting the correct amount of money, and you will be able to fill up to the (Max buy-in - what you have put into the pot). It's frustrating that they don't have a fix that lets you fill all the way back up if you have already folded the pot, but I have to admit it isn't exactly a high priority.