Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2003, 02:47 AM

Default Ladbrokes NL

I have been playing on partypoker recently, but have heard about Ladbrokes. They have much higher limits, and I am wondering how it compares to party (or other sites), at comparable limits and higher ones. Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JKratzer
Old 11-10-2003, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Ladbrokes NL

[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing on partypoker recently, but have heard about Ladbrokes. They have much higher limits, and I am wondering how it compares to party (or other sites), at comparable limits and higher ones. Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JKratzer

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea, but the name must be the lousiest name for a gambling site ever.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:28 AM

unless your location is a typo and you meant to say 'mideast' instead of midwest, you're out of luck. they don't allow US players there.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:17 AM

It's a pretty easy site to make money on. If you feel like playing a little wilder they have shorthanded NL tables at all stakes too. Up to 10/20 NL. They are excellent at cashing out. 2 or 3 days, any amount up to $5000 I think into your credit card regardless of cash-in and No Charge!

You need a european credit card to get on it though due to US legislation being such a mess in this regard from our perspective.

www.royalvegaspoker.com run the same prima poker engine with the same stakes but less players (it's not a window to the same tables unfortuntely AFAIK)

Ladbrokes is a large UK based bookmaker (betting shop chain basically) and has diversified into other areas of gambling like roulette/poker/etc

... hence the crap name!

I mean I play on VC mostly... "Victor Chandler"... that's an even worse name! Same deal, they're a bookmakers too... just like Will Hill

Jon
Old 11-10-2003, 09:16 AM

Default Re: VictorChandler?

Are they part of the network that Golden Palace and Oldwest are on?
Old 11-10-2003, 11:11 AM

Yes Victor Chandler powers the software there are various skins that run the portals, Poker In Europe, Gamble.co.uk, BigDaddy....

Tyler
Old 11-10-2003, 12:02 PM

They have big money games. watch out for the heads up players some of them are very good. For a university project I wrote an app that watched people play on Ladbrokes. Some of the heads up players are making $2k or $3k a day every day. I think they play some pretty good limit poker as well, up to $200/$400 if I remember.
Make sure you know what you are doing. The biggest loss I recorded there was $68,000 in 1hr. poor sod.

As others have said, Ladbrokes and William Hill (BillHill) are very respectable companies with long histories of good honest payouts going back way before the internet was even thought of.

VictorChandler had a scandal when they refused to payout a 2million pound (~$3m) football (soccer!) pools win. Not sure what happened in the end, but they still have a far better history than any internet only pokerroom.

So all in all they are good sites. if you can get your money into them... I have heard rumours if you want to play for BIG money then they might be willing to accept you paying by some other technique... you would have to ask them.

Tim
Old 11-10-2003, 07:52 PM

Yip, they're not high stakes though, nothing like ladbrokes, 2/4NL is the highest they go...