Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2003, 06:01 PM

Default Seattle area- Stepping up question.

I have been playing LL hold'em for about a year. I have been lurking here for the same amount of time. I have played 99% of my live play in the Seattle area. I have played 3-6 and 4-8. I play mostly at the Hideaway (no cancer yet) but have also played at Kenmore, Diamond Lil's, and the Muckleshoot. I also play 3-6 on Party.

I have built my bank roll up and want to take a shot at higher stakes (10-20). I was curious to hear from people who have played both levels in the Seattle area. I am curious to know what the major differences will be? How much better are the 10/20 players in general? Is the 10/20 similar in most local places? I am happy to see that many people play in both games (many of these people are not that good). Also if you could recommend a good time to play that would be great? I was leaning toward Friday or Saturday night when there are several games going on and the play was a little looser. Feel free to answer if you don't play in Seattle but please make that known. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Seattle area- Stepping up question.

When I lived in Seattle, I started my poker playing in the 3/6 at kenmore. I built my money up with a combination of that game and their monthly tournaments. When I moved up I tried all of the games at the various places and my favorite was the 10/20 at the Hideaway.
Lil's is ok, but the games seemed hit or miss, they didn't always get the game I wanted going, I had to play with odd chips, and the waits to get into the big games were often astronomical.
I always found the bigger games at Muckleshoot to be tighter than I would like and the waits there were aweful too.
The Hideaway on the other hand always had 1-3 great 10/20 that were pretty loose and overall good games. As far as differences from say the 3/6 or the 4/8....well they use $5 chips. Ok, maybe that's not the only difference...but they are soft games. Generally a bit tighter, but not always. You'll encounter players that actually think beyond what 2 cards they have on occation.
Good luck moving up. If you are a good player then the 10/20 should just mean more money for you.

The Vegan