Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2003, 10:39 AM

Default Rikray and Hutz Challenge

The next Zoo does True or if we have a tourney on a site other than Stars I wish to offer a challenge!

Rikray has made it known that he can't stand animals to be mentioned on his poker forum.

Hutz seems to deny it, but a couple of months ago someone complained to the moderator that my animals were offensive. Ok we'll just call it coincidence that you were the one posting stuff like "ewwwwww sick".

Now to my challenge. If Rikray or Hutz outlast me they win and I keep any animal references in the Zoo for 1 month. Ahhh now if I win. First I must beat both Hutz and Rikray to win. If I win Hutz has to post in the Zoo only a post titled "Barnyard Animals are People too!" and Rikray has to post "I like Husker now". Both articles only have to run for 14 days or 14 posts.

The Hutz article, "Barnyard Animals are people too." needs to be a feel good story about barnyard critters.

The Rikray article, "I like Husker now", needs to be stories on Huskers triunphs from the age 2 till today.

Both article may need a little research or interviewing.

OK to some this up, not only do I have to outlast both but my "animal silence" in all forums but the Zoo is twice as long as their posts will last.

I think the 2 of you have an advatage, now do the 2 of you have the Hutz....damn I mean guts to accept. My Penguin awaits your answer.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:19 PM

Default lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Dang I haven't been talking any [censored] with any of you but I'd sure like to be in on this type of challenge. Hope it comes to pass! Please let me know if it does so I can watch or perhaps even play in the tourney.

al
Old 11-04-2003, 04:26 PM

Default Re: lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

[ QUOTE ]
Dang I haven't been talking any [censored] with any of you but I'd sure like to be in on this type of challenge. Hope it comes to pass! Please let me know if it does so I can watch or perhaps even play in the tourney.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotta sneaky suspicion that they are both yella
Old 11-04-2003, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Rikray and Hutz Challenge

Let's see here . . . I have the opportunity to make a bet whereby I would have to generate the very spam that wears me (and countless others) out if I were (fat chance) to lose to someone who spends more time annoying others than discussing poker strategy. Who could possibly pass up that opportunity? Oh yeah . . . me and anyone else who's sane. No thanks, thomastem, you're not worth my time.

Now, to clear something else up: I did report one of your posts to Mat. It was a post wherein you directly attacked me for no good reason. I pointed it out to Mr. Sklansky and he immediately removed it. I also noted in that message that you were creating non-poker threads in poker forums at this site and asked him to address that with you. I didn't ask him to ban you nor did I tell him anything untruthful about you. It is you, sir, who are the untruthful one. When you post messages that misrepresent and distort (e.g., labeling as "attacks" requests from myself and others that you keep your spam posts in the Zoo) what others have said, that's untruthful.

I'm a pretty "go with the flow" guy and, believe me, I have a great sense of humor. I, however, find it annoying and disappointing to see non-poker messages/threads posted in poker forums. You clearly either can't comprehend that what you are doing is contrary to both common message board courtesy and the rules of this site or you are intentionally being a pain in the rear. Your offer/challenge to rkiray and me simply confirms this.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:14 PM

Thomastem,

Do you not think this is all getting a bit ridiculous? I can see that you are enjoying winding these guys up, but why bother when you have an audience waiting for you in the zoo who actually like your animal frolics.

IMO your challenge is insane. But we know what you are like. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Simon
Old 11-04-2003, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's see here . . . I have the opportunity to make a bet whereby I would have to generate the very spam that wears me (and countless others) out if I were (fat chance) to lose to someone who spends more time annoying others than discussing poker strategy. Who could possibly pass up that opportunity? Oh yeah . . . me and anyone else who's sane. No thanks, thomastem, you're not worth my time.

Now, to clear something else up: I did report one of your posts to Mat. It was a post wherein you directly attacked me for no good reason. I pointed it out to Mr. Sklansky and he immediately removed it. I also noted in that message that you were creating non-poker threads in poker forums at this site and asked him to address that with you. I didn't ask him to ban you nor did I tell him anything untruthful about you. It is you, sir, who are the untruthful one. When you post messages that misrepresent and distort (e.g., labeling as "attacks" requests from myself and others that you keep your spam posts in the Zoo) what others have said, that's untruthful.

I'm a pretty "go with the flow" guy and, believe me, I have a great sense of humor. I, however, find it annoying and disappointing to see non-poker messages/threads posted in poker forums. You clearly either can't comprehend that what you are doing is contrary to both common message board courtesy and the rules of this site or you are intentionally being a pain in the rear. Your offer/challenge to rkiray and me simply confirms this.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I've never had a complaint in the zoo matter of fact I believe you would get a ton of views and responses if you lost and honored your end of the bet. This is why I picked the zoo. I don't know 1 regular there that would complain.

2. While most of my posts have animal references the vast majority has something to do with a poker point.

3. The fact that you complained to the moderator without first trying to resolve the problem with me is not a very stand up way to handle a disagreement. When you thought I was making fun of you when I said Jabba that was stand up and I stopped using the word Jabba

4. I never attacked you personally. I did say and stand behind the importance of humor and entertainment and diversions in poker.

5. Forum eticut? lol Could you spare some Grey Poupon?

6. I understand and respect that you simply don't like my style and don't find my humor funny. Boxing fans may remember that Ali and Frazier had huge differences but still put on a hell of a show. If we get enough interest poker sites, Just like OIC and True Poker have done in the past, may loosen their purse strings and give $$$ for incentive.

Sir, how could this possibly be bad for the majority of forum posters and lurkers?

7. If me Bison in heat has intimidated you I'll keep him locked up for this one.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thomastem,

Do you not think this is all getting a bit ridiculous? I can see that you are enjoying winding these guys up, but why bother when you have an audience waiting for you in the zoo who actually like your animal frolics.

IMO your challenge is insane. But we know what you are like. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

This is amazing. I try and create some excitement for a tourney and I'm told by one that I don't know poker forum eticut and the other says I'm insane.

Trying to create some excitement for a tourney when Poker sites have been stepping up with free $$$ for OIC and the last True tourney I guess is insane and insults people.

Perhaps if I make a post about Bobbit that would pass the Poker crieria.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:15 PM

Please don't misquote me thomas. I said your challenge was insane, not you personally. I will leave it up to others to make that judgment.

I don't see any problem in having last longers and side bets to make tourneys more interesting, but the ones you have made and are offering in this thread are clearly controversial to some. Why not just play each other for money - the old fashioned way!

Simon
Old 11-05-2003, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't misquote me thomas. I said your challenge was insane, not you personally. I will leave it up to others to make that judgment.

I don't see any problem in having last longers and side bets to make tourneys more interesting, but the ones you have made and are offering in this thread are clearly controversial to some. Why not just play each other for money - the old fashioned way!

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I misunderstand you? It looks like i did jump on that insane word fairly quick. My appologies.

Good suggestion on the dollars. Let me change my challenge.

To Hutz and rikray: On the next True Tourney I will be happy to battle one of you to a last longer contest. I money wager equal to the entry fee. for example a 20+2 would mean we are wagering $22. The first one eliminated pays $22 to the one that lasted longer. Since I'm only taking one on at a time it is first come first serve on this post.

Please stop taking this personally and play against the animal dude that doesn't always raise pre-flop with A-A, believes Phil Helmuth is a great tourney player, and let's women pet his rooster when he's losing.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:18 AM

Good suggestion on the dollars. Let me change my challenge.

See - there is some sanity on that farm of yours. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Simon