Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2003, 01:52 AM

Default JT suited

2.5/5 NL 6 handed ring game at ladbrokes. I am on the buttin with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raise it to 20, the BB calls and we see a flop of K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I should also note that I have 700 in chips and my opponent has me covered. he checks and I bet 30 he check raises 40 more and I call. Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] he bets 90, I raise it to 150 and he check raises me all in. Do you guys lay this down and what do you think of my play so far?
Old 11-04-2003, 06:06 AM

Default Re: JT suited

all i can say is what a crap check-raise! a slightly more than min-raise? i've seen that play before, but only on that site.

i smell a straight trying to milk you or a flopped set, the J is probably a nightmare card for you. other possibility is KJ (since it's shorthanded) but i would have expected a bigger check-raise from that hand on the flop if he's going to do it at all.

as you played it, i'd find it hard to call the first check-raise, it just looks too much like a milker, especially since he's gone to the trouble to move the slider just a little in a calculating way.

Jon
Old 11-04-2003, 04:45 PM

Absolutely lay it down...chances are you're beat. Do you really want to risk $700 on that hand? Also I dont like the raise from 90 to 150? If you're going to raise, raise! But I would have called the $90 and looked at the river depending on the read i had on the player of course. You can always lay that hand down right on the turn as well.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:15 PM

when he bet 90 I raised 150 more to 240, sorry if that's wasn't clear.