Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2003, 11:01 AM

Default Husker is sad

Husker challenged my Pelican in a tourney and lost. His loss meant that he needs post info on Texas culture for 14 posts. The SS forum was very mean to Husker. I think we should get the ss forum to show a little love for our Texas connection Elvis Husker. Please help hear your opinion is needed.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Husker is sad

My opinion is that your posts are generally a waste of bandwidth. I blame you for the trash not Husker. He's just keeping his promise. Please keep your waste of space to the zoo. The SS forum has gone downhill too much the last few months. We don't need any help from you to accelerate the decline.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My opinion is that your posts are generally a waste of bandwidth. I blame you for the trash not Husker. He's just keeping his promise. Please keep your waste of space to the zoo. The SS forum has gone downhill too much the last few months. We don't need any help from you to accelerate the decline.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have my pity. If they sold sense of humor I'd buy you one. Life and poker are not just serious analyzation but are meant to be enjoyed. Let me guess you are trying to get me banned from the site again?
Old 10-30-2003, 07:04 PM

Sorry, but I just don't find random animal references funny. If your post were actually funny I'd welcome them. I just find them strange. I didn't know you had been banned, but it would be ok with me. I've always thought your posts were a waste of time but I never said anything before, I just usually skipped your posts. But I was quite annoyed when you made a bet that forced Husker to join the spammers. These pity posts were the last straw for me.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I just don't find random animal references funny. If your post were actually funny I'd welcome them. I just find them strange. I didn't know you had been banned, but it would be ok with me. I've always thought your posts were a waste of time but I never said anything before, I just usually skipped your posts. But I was quite annoyed when you made a bet that forced Husker to join the spammers. These pity posts were the last straw for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't banned, that coo failed. Pity? The only pity I have is for those that can't smile....I'll include those that begrudge others that do smile.

I'm quite sure that if most felt like you do I wouldn't be posting here. I'm quite sure that this thread wouldn't have very many views on it....but it does.

Spam? Are you kidding me? Best to stick with your plea that talking about animals make you feel dirty.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:24 AM

random animal references? if you're referring to his Pelican, i believe that's a reference to Hellmuth's garbage book.

if not, then i can honestly say i have not experienced this random animal referencing...
Old 10-31-2003, 10:50 AM

I find Thomastem's posts quite entertaining and he does post about poker too.

What's wrong with lightening things up? If you can't enjoy or at least tolerate a little humor - how can you enjoy your day? Side bets happen all the time in the poker world - it lightens the mood - you wan to eliminate those too?

Maybe you don't like them - that's fine. When you see his name on a post - DON'T read it. Lighten up - I cna see you would be a thrill to play with - grumpy and boring..

BTW Thomastem - I LOL everytime I see that pic of your buzzards. Some people enjoy a little humor now and then!

Orange
Old 10-31-2003, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The SS forum was very mean to Husker. I think we should get the ss forum to show a little love for our Texas connection Elvis Husker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Husker just has to learn how to use the forum correctly. As it's been said in the past the SS and MHS forums are used for Hand Analysis. General Texas Hold'em is used for general strategy questions, as Poker Theory is used for all poker theory.

I like Husker and his Texaness, however, if he didn't have friends that gave bad examples, maybe he would not have been mislead and reserved his posts for the News, Views or Other Topics forums. I've also seen OT posts in the Zoo often, they don't seem to mind it.

Tell Husker to come back, just to pick his spots when he posts as he picks his spots in poker.

Love, Peace and Hair Grease,
Joe Tall
Old 10-31-2003, 01:22 PM

Good Lord. Why are you spouting venom at a poster who just wants to have some fun? I wonder how this site would do if only the mathmeticians were allowed to post. Sure, the animal posts are innocuous at worst. But they can be funny at best. So what? I think you need a tune up. Your sense of humor is missing on a cylinder or two. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 07:40 PM

There are an unlimited number of bbs and chat rooms where Husker can go to rant about Texas. Why should he do it on a forum dedicated to poker? I blame Thomas, who has posted many spams in the past, for corrupting Husker, who had been a fine poster until he lost his bet.

I noticed you registered on 5/15/03. If you are like most of us you probably lurked for at least a little while before you registered. I didn't recognize your name so I looked in your profile. Looks like you mainly post in the zoo or the tourney board, but some of your early posts were on the SS forum. I hope you agree with me that the quality of posts on that forum were much higher in those days than they are now. A few of us "old timers" are just trying to keep the SS board from becoming another zoo. Many of the best SS posters have either left the forum or vist much less than they used to. I believe the type of crappy posts that Thomas and Husker have been posting contributes to these posters not posting as much. If nothing else totally irrevelent posts push actual poker posts down the list. Since we are generating so many more posts than we used to, this is a real problem. Many interesting threads are being pushed down to rapidily to generate the discussion they deserve. I see no benefit whatsoever to the Texas posts. If he must vent like this he should find an appropriate place to do it.