Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2003, 04:10 PM

Default Foxwoods during WPF

I'm thinking of playing at Foxwoods on Sunday, Nov 9. Is it possible to play in a regular game of 4-8HE during the WPF? Also, what is the normal wait these days for a table on the weekend since Mohegan closed?

Old 10-28-2003, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods during WPF

Is it possible to play in a regular game of 4-8HE during the WPF?

Sure it's possible. There will probably be 5 or 6 4-8 games going. Just be ready for a long wait. If you are only on the list for one, I wouldn't be surprised if you have to wait over an hour.

Also, what is the normal wait these days for a table on the weekend since Mohegan closed?

It's pretty long sometimes, of course it depends on the time of day. Half an hour to an hour wouldn't surprise me.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:40 PM

If you can, get there early in the morning. I got there last Saturday at 8:30 and there was open seating.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the input - I was at FW last Friday afternoon and I was seated within 10 minutes.

BTW, I was at the table with an autoshuffle machine and everyone seemed taken by the new invention. I've seen these machines at Bellagio on some tables but they haven't put them on all tables as of my last trip in Sept..

I like these machines - it speeds up the slow dealers.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:18 PM

Back from the dead?

30 mins or so is usually about right. Put yourself on the 2-4, 4-8 and 5-10 list and you should be in a game within 15, then move around as you wish.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:05 PM

Default get there early

I played 4-8 all day Monday at the Foxwoods. The games fluctuated between open seating and an incredibly long list.

I suggest you get there by 10:00 am.

Enjoy yourself.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:41 AM

Back from the dead?

Yeah, but just barely.

Put yourself on the 2-4, 4-8 and 5-10 list and you should be in a game within 15, then move around as you wish.

That's usually the case, but I was on the list for 4-8, 5-10, and 10-20 Saturday afternoon and had to wait nearly an hour for a seat. The place is just a zoo right now.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:52 AM

Last time i was there (April for the NEPC) I was on the 5-10 list for 2 hours....this year I assume it will be worse. I actually sat down and played 5-10 Omaha8ob a game I had never played before just so that I could get a seat.

Happily at this time I play higher limits so I will go on all lists from 4-8 to 20-40 right when I get there, and that should get me in a game sooner. I do have a feeling however that this will be a very frustrating weekend, especially when I start stuck $565 with my "donation" to the tourney
Old 10-29-2003, 10:23 AM

Ouch. How many 20-40 tables they have going? The games usually suck although a few of the "regulars" think they're a lot better than they are. If they have 3 or 4 tables a couple have to be very beatable. I don't think I'd sit either way. Especially how bad I've been running recently and feel like its affecting me. Me and MaxPower will probably be up some time very soon although not sure of the details yet. Might even be a midweek trip. I'll put something there when we know.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:24 AM

what tourney you playing in?