Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2003, 03:41 PM

Default American Airlines

Here is the thinking of poster American Airlines

Are you going to say that popular media has not been getting more Afro in the recent decade?

So much so that middle class kids of other races are picking up on Ebonics and Ebonic phrases and spelling.

For example changer "-a" for "-er'? Or "B" for "are" and other short words:

Gangster -> Gangsta
Player -> Playa
Don't Hate -> Don't be Hatin'

The fact is Africanization is happening. African species of anything tend to be invasive by the biologist definition.

And since all places where Africans are the majority are pretty much a mess. This *is* a bad trend.

Those *are* the facts.

If things were going well, the african culture would be becoming more caucasian-like.

What has african culture contributed to anything at all in the way of civilization. Nothing I can think of. They're still a bunch of tribes fighting in Africa. And by extension, so too the Saudi peninsula. To close to the source I'd speculate.

This poster denies that he's a racist.

Old 10-27-2003, 04:01 PM

Default Re: American Airlines

This poster denies that he's a racist.

Hey. Give AA a break. Maybe he's just off his meds.

Old 10-27-2003, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact is Africanization is happening. African species of anything tend to be invasive by the biologist definition.

[/ QUOTE ]

This startling revelation must have appeared in an article in either Science or Nature as it would upset most biological, genetic, and evolutionary thinking for the last 200 years. I hope he gave a reference. It would be a most illuminating read.

[ QUOTE ]
What has african culture contributed to anything at all in the way of civilization. Nothing I can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Egypt is probably a good starting point. But I think I may be talking to the wind. Best to end any more analysis of his other dubious points.

-Zeno

Old 10-27-2003, 05:37 PM

He's a grumpy old man, who also complains about his job/career and how it's not fair that his programming skills are obsolete.

[ QUOTE ]
What has african culture contributed to anything at all in the way of civilization.

[/ QUOTE ]

African contributions to Civilization

excerpt: The Egyptians developed the concept of the right angle, which is the basis of the Pythagorean theorem. Pretty important contribution, don't ya think?

Old 10-27-2003, 05:48 PM

On the theory that even a broken clock is right twice a day:

And since all places where Africans are the majority are pretty much a mess.

OK, the only place Africans are in the majority is [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Africa, which *is* pretty much a mess. Not 100% of that is the fault of Africans, of course, but neither is it racist to point this out.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:59 PM

obviously some stuff he said is crazy, but some is not!

the part about middle class kids of other races becoming more "black" is totally true, and it's sad. now when i say more black, i don't mean to say that all black people are gangsters and whatnot, but i think what i mean to say is clear.

just go to any junior high school and see how bad it is.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:35 PM

It is terrible (what goes on in junior high schools), and I think a good portion of the blame lies on the gangsta rappers for promoting a violent, stupid way of thinking, speaking and living. Of course youth will follow the popular trends...
Old 10-27-2003, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is terrible (what goes on in junior high schools), and I think a good portion of the blame lies on the gangsta rappers for promoting a violent, stupid way of thinking, speaking and living. Of course youth will follow the popular trends...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're a rapper trying to make it, you can either rap about ice cream and teddy bears, and make no money, or rap about killing people and being a thug, and get on MTV and make big money. I don't think there's much of a choice there.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:42 PM

Nah Kurns,
Don't believe in meds. SRRI's = Soma in my book.

Ok, some folks do need the help. There are clearly extreme cases, but this Prozac as candy thing is a bit much.

We need to fix the world. Not drug people into believeing it's fine as is.

Sincerely,
AA
Old 10-27-2003, 07:47 PM

Hi Zeno,
There's no article. I'm originating the idea that african people do what other invasive species do.

When the get into a less harse biosphere the out breed and out muscle the indigineous species.

To the American Indians that would've been Europeans. The current USA it's the africans or even potentially Hispanics.

Well, Egypt seems to be caught in an argument. Afrocentrists want to claim Egypt. The anti-afrocentrist want to say the Egyptians were not *negroid* and therefore aren't *really* africans per se.

To me Egypt is way over ballyhoo'ed. They were a bunch of snake worshipping / phalus worshipping lighter variety of africans. Plain and simple. Clearly the Egypt of today is no great marvel.

My points only seem to be dubious to those who can't look past thier politically correct programming.

Sincerely,
AA