Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2003, 05:08 PM

Default Another Example of Blacks Saying \"Gotsta have Blacks\"

Just one more case of a "Black Caucus" trying to enforce something other than a color blind meritocracy... but instead, enforced quotas of blacks...

Yet another example of the acceptability of a *Black* Caucus but not a *White* one.

Anyone else fed up with this double standard?

Gov. Bush's $310 million Scripps deal riles legislative Black Caucus

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/palm_beach_news/article/0,1651,TCP_1020_2370124,00.html

Having had to leave my home town in that region due to a sucky post '87 economy this particularly pisses me off. They're trying to block a potential 13.2 billion in projected revenues over the next 15 years for that area.

Bunch a *ssholes.

Sincerely,
AA
Old 10-24-2003, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Another Example of Blacks Saying \"Gotsta have Blacks\"

u realize whitey banker funds all these guys, right? ford foundation, etc.

divvide and conquer.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:44 PM

Ford Foundation is extremely liberal.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:50 PM

To be honest brad I don't realize it. If we were being stereotypical wouldn't it be Jewish bankers?

Is it my imagination or does the Jewish community seem to be aligned with or perhaps even "using" the blacks, as some suggest?

Some of my Jewish friends profess a kinship to the blacks because of the slavery issue. Thier slavery in Egypt supposedly parallels the blacks slavery in the deep south.

To which I generally reply that Egyptians are africans and Africa probably taught the world slavery. With the possible exception of the Greeks. Who was first, I'm not sure.

Anyway, elaborate on this "Divide and Conquer" strategy you refer too. Sounds interesting. Who is it that whitey banker is trying to divide and conquer exactly?

Sincerely,
AA
Old 10-24-2003, 09:31 PM

As as aside, I'm all for a law that says, "Can't exclude based on race". At least for non-privately held companies.

But this is the dead opposite. This is an attempt to say, "You must hire xx% based on race". Which is why it's so infuriating.

It's essentially the african community trying to commit it's own sin. Seems rather parallel to the situation the Jews are attempting to set up in the mid east as well.

Both groups decry racism, but then want thier race to be "special".

Sincerely,
AA
Old 10-24-2003, 09:32 PM

middle class.

i'll elaborate later but its easy to figure out.

look at british how they colonized africa. they set one tribe against another. that way small minority could have power.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:06 AM

My understanding is that many jobs at Scripps require a fairly high level of education. Therefore a request like:

Jennings said the Black Caucus is seeking $10 million of federal economic stimulus money to be diverted to the black colleges, chiefly Tallahassee's Florida A&M University, the largest of the black universities. And the caucus wants legislation specifying that at least 10 percent of any money Scripps reimburses the state be directed to research programs at the black colleges and universities.

seems reasonable to me in order to provide enough educational opportunities so that more black candidates will be qualified for these Scripps jobs. From reading the article it seems that all of the one time economic stimulus money provided by the Feds for Florida is looking to spent to bring Scripps in. It looks to me like these leaders want to have some of the money RECEIVED FROM SCRIPPS reinvested to provide more opportunities for blacks. FWIW this seems like a positive thing to me. Nobodys asking for a freebee as far as I can tell. What they're saying in my mind is that hey the economic stimulus money should benifit all Florida residents not just an exclusive few that are qualified to work at Scripps.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:00 AM

The Egyptians had slaves before the Greeks, but slavery had been around long before the concept of a civilization, I'm sure.

-Mike
Old 10-25-2003, 04:29 AM

Burn any crosses lately?

Special interest groups playing political hardball to get a slice of pork is certainly not confined to Black legislators.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:47 AM

Yet another example of the acceptability of a *Black* Caucus but not a *White* one.

I may regret getting involved in a political thread in this forum but...

Please explain to me the need for a white caucus.