Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2003, 05:48 PM

Default What the heck is Pedro thinking???

I cannot believe Pedro just threw DON ZIMMER to the ground. I am embarrassed to be a Red Sox fan right now. Pedro can be such a baby sometimes. He doesn't like the way the game is going, so he hits someone in the back.

And Zimmer isn't totally innocent, but for God's sake, step aside.

Whatever good will the Red Sox have built up this year is gone now.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:22 PM

Default Re: What the heck is Pedro thinking???

While I think that throwing at Karim Garcia's head was a totally boneheaded and stupid move by Pedro, I saw nothing wrong in what he did to Don Zimmer. Zimmer exploded out of the dugout, and he was running straight towards Pedro, with his arms up, as though he was about to choke him. What would you do if you were Pedro? Pedro didn't even throw a punch, he just took hold of Zimmer's massive head and deflected him into the ground. What else was Pedro supposed to do? Just stand there?
Old 10-11-2003, 09:55 PM

The more I think about it the more I think that Zimmer was an idiot. Throwing at Garcia was worse.

But to most people, the Zimmer thing looks worse.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:18 PM

I like Zimmer, but what Pedro did to him was the least of the Red Sox sins tonight. He might have tossed Zimmer a little hard looking at the replay, but Zim came at him from the side aggressively. I can't really blame Pedro for that. Pedro was a punk when he threatened to bean players after he threw at Garcia. that was awful. Throwing that high and at Garcia was bad. Sure come inside, but that was too much. The American League kind of deserves it because of the DH. Pedro is a guy who needs to look at a few inside pitches. He might not come in quite so far. Ramirez starting to charge out when Clemens threw a pitch down the middle was ridiculous. What a punk. He should have been tossed. I thought he was the one who was great friends with the Yankees? I wonder what will happen if one game gets out of hand scorewise? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2003, 12:30 AM

pedro basically sidestepped zimmer and the inertia of zimmer's neck fat brought him tumbling to the earth. if you watch the replay zimmer was charging pedro, looking to do some physical harm! anyone who says pedro acted irresponsibly in this situation has obviously never been accosted by a bald fat old man.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:00 AM

I get the feeling there's a really wonderful story here you're not sharing with us.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:12 AM

it deals with a flasher in boston common
Old 10-12-2003, 02:15 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Pedro was a punk when he threatened to bean players after he threw at Garcia. that was awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think he was threatening other players.. i think he was trying to defend his position that it was an accident by saying something to the effect of "if i wanted to hit you in the head, i would"
Old 10-12-2003, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The American League kind of deserves it because of the DH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say there is any less of throwing at players in the NL. It would seem like it should make a difference but it doesn't.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:42 AM

Boston is the most low class organization in baseball, stocked with immature, petty players who have no idea what it means to be a professional. If Bill Romanowski played baseball he'd be in Boston. I will thoroughly enjoy watching them get embarassed by the Yankees for two more games, and I despise the Yankees. But at least they act like professionals.

I'd be ashamed to be a Redsox fan at this point and I would be furious with the organizaton if my kids were fans.