Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2003, 03:50 PM

Default dump it on river?

Game: Paradise NL .25/.50 $50 buy-in, mixed table with some good players, some weaker.

Preflop: UTG (good player with $64) limps, I (with $60) raise to $2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], folded around to SB (looser passive player with $18) who calls, UTG folds.

Flop (pot is ~$4): A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet $6.50, SB calls. I put him on flush draw.

Turn (pot is ~$17): J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB checks to me. I feel there is a good chance that I am now beat, but can't be sure, given that I believe this guy may be loose enough to call my flop bet with a worse hand than me. I decide to check with the intention of putting him all in on river (he has about $9 left), and save myself from being checkraised here with the opportunity to see the river for free. Would you bet and fold to checkraise here, or feel obligated to call anyway? I thought I might call anyway so I check.

River (pot is ~$17): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets all-in ($9.50), I call. Who calls and who folds here?

thanks