Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 11:13 PM

Default WHat about these two picks

What do u guys think of these suggested to me by somebody. Wanted to get some feed bback on them

Dallas -7 at home Agisnt the Cards. Emmitt comes home, and getts stuffed. Tuna will not allow himself to be upstaged by a guy he rode out of town. Boy's win big

The Chefs giving 3 1/2 agisnt the Bronco's is also a Steal considering they are at home and the Lions gave the Bronc's a bit more than they either expected or were rerady for last week. Not covering agist Detroit is a Bad sign hedding into KC. (Pick of the WEEK!)

later,
whatsgoingon
Old 10-03-2003, 11:24 PM

Default Re: WHat about these two picks

I like about 5 games better than either of these, but I'll wait for the pros to weigh in.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:34 PM

You obviously didn't pay attention to my picks last week. The Broncos were a terrible bet last week, I figured there wasn't much chance of them winning by more than one score or losing and its exactly what happened [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In all seriousness, I think the Broncos are a solid pick here. They have done fairly well all things considered in this stadium the last 10 years or so. The schedule has hit them just right, they got the Raiders and Chargers early in disarray and the Bungles and Lions to give them easy games. Plummer has had a full month of games to get in gear and I think the running game will make for an easy setup for him to hit the occasional big play. I still think the Chiefs are fooling people, against a solid Denver team that doesn't commit the turnovers and plays well on special teams the Chiefs are going to have to find a way to win on offense. Green isn't looking that good, he is susceptible to a solid pass rush and the Broncos will bring it from every direction. Even worse I don't know how the Ravens outguessed themselves or something last week, they had a couple running plays using a cutback that the Chiefs just couldn't stop, yet they kept trying to get Boller to make the big play to get the payoff. If Portis is healthy, and I think they held him out on purpose last week just to be 100% for this week, don't think for a second that Shanahan won't be running the same play often because those types of runs are his bread and butter. Looks like one of my best plays, I like the matchup and read absolutely nothing into last week's game because it truly was one of those nightmare games for a coach because of the major sandwich they were in. You just feel happy you got the win and you move onto the really big game. I like the money line here, but getting 3.5 is so big in the NFL I think I am going to play it half points, half ML.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:30 AM

thank you then I am not betting on his picks he has been hot this year...Even had the audicity to go against Big Al the first week. Maybe Against them I will wait for wildbill's offical post of picks

later,
whatsgoingon
Old 10-04-2003, 09:28 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]wb, i like your comments about the broc's performance against lios...i feel their relatively poor performance actually meas it was a true sandwich situation (and they got the w)...so broncs should come out swinging here...key concept in football handicapping....gl [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2003, 11:44 AM

I totally agree with Wild Bill here. My only concern in this game is that Portis might be really hurt. If he can play at 100%, I think Denver has a good chance to win it straight up. The only other factor is will Jake Plummer hit his stride or will be regress? When he was at Arizona he'd play brilliant one week and look like a rookie the next. I suspect that Shanahan's coaching will be able to keep him consistent but a relapse into his famous interception mode will be a concern for most of the year.

Other than those two concerns, I think the Broncos outmatch the Chiefs and you can be damn sure they studied that Baltimore tape rigorously to see how they contained Priest Holmes.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see a low-scoring game either. But that could go either way and I'm not going to touch it.