Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2003, 02:15 PM

Default Watching a WPT event live

Does anyone know the process if you want to be a spectator to a tournament? In particular, I would like to watch the final table of the World Poker Finals at Foxwoods. It will be on Monday Nov. 17 starting at noon.

I will not be able to make it to Foxwoods until right before noon, so I am wondering if I even have a chance to get in and have a seat to watch the action? Is there a fee involved in being a spectator? Is there any way to reserve seats in advance?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide! (As you might be able to tell by my questions, I don't have any experience with B&M poker.)
Old 09-22-2003, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Watching a WPT event live

call up and reserve a seat, its free and they provide refreshments, but you HAVE to call ahead.... at least thats how I got in last year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2003, 12:05 PM

Don't know about Foxwoods but I was at the Bellagio for the 1st WPT event won by Gus Hansen. Final table was in a large banquet room with blechers on all four sides of the table. There were TV monitors and a roving cameraman to provide close ups of the players. Anyone could walk in, sit down and have a free soft drink. Cool experience, especially when the two lovely models came out with $1 million in cash on a silver tray.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:17 PM

I was at the Borgata on Sunday and they were filming a WPT event (I don't really know which, I don't follow the tourneys too much). While I was there they were trying to go from about 40 players to 6 for the final table on Monday, and it was completely open. They had 4 tables roped off (later down to two) and anyone could stand behind the ropes and watch (which, seeing how I did at 10/20, I should have done). The only people I recognized, were Ivey, Harmon and Seidel (sp?).
Old 09-23-2003, 07:58 PM

The final table was the next day at 5:30pm in the theater upstairs. It was free admission but you had to have reservations.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:14 PM

Anyone else think Jennifer Harmon is really hot? I can't decide if she's real hot for a poker player or just hot in general but I'd jam her for sure.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:56 AM

Shes average for sure, and I dont think Id even notice her on the street. However while sitting at the table Id be thinking bad thoughts in between every hand
Old 09-25-2003, 09:58 AM

I think she's only hot in a "wow, a chick that plays good poker and I could scream 'check-raise me baby' while we were in the sack"

I think if you saw her in a swimsuit you'd be disappointed if you were expecting a Britney Spears.

That being said, I'm not even sure I think she's hot in a poker way because I'd hate to have a chick that was better than me...

There's one hot chick in her early 30's that plays cards at my B&M (she usually plays 15-30 or 10-20) and I think she's pretty good. I'd pork her....
Old 09-25-2003, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think she's only hot in a "wow, a chick that plays good poker and I could scream 'check-raise me baby' while we were in the sack"

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!!
Old 09-26-2003, 12:45 PM

Of course you could just buy in to the tournament and MAKE the final table. You'll have an even better seat, and don't need to bother with pesky reservationd.