Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2001, 07:26 AM

Default Lucid Learning CD\'s

I was just reading Poker Digest and I see, that Lucid Learning has these CD's

Pocket Rockets

Poker Face

Jungle Cat Poker

Poker Series

Poker Supercharger

3 Elements of Winning Poker

Can anyone give me feed back on these Cd's and if you have any are they worth it.
Old 12-13-2001, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Lucid Learning CD\'s

Yes I bought two of these, Jungle Cat Poker and another one, I think Poker Series. They are from a hypnosis company and they're kind of like Mike Caro's Positive Poker tape. It's just kind of a motivational tape but very soothing. There are 3 overlapping voices and you can only listen to one at a time but can shift back and forth from one to the other. Its not a technical aid but its meant to soothe and releave anxiety so you can be confident when you get to the table. I think its hard for them not to be worth it as they're only 15 bucks each (they were 25 each when they first came out).
Old 12-13-2001, 01:39 PM

Default Why not make your own?

Tape-recording a book is a good way to listen to it and drill yourself on strategy etc.; you can listen to it several times so as to really get it down. I did this with Roy West's low-limit 7-stud book and found it helpful, but you could do it with any material you like. Ditto for self-hypnosis; you can put together a script of the things you want yourself to remember at the table. Cheaper and better than anything you'll be able to buy.
Old 12-14-2001, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Why not make your own?

or scan it and let the computer read it

ver-y soo-thin voi-ss

even let the comp read 2+2 posts