Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2003, 10:04 PM

Default \"Sahara\" DVD Movie Review

Columbia Pictures rereleased this 1943 Bogart classic WWII picture. If you like a good war movie, this is the one to watch. Has a good plot and good acting. The setting is in the Sahara desert in Libya where a small group of allied solders band together to fight the Germans. What surprizes me about this movie is that it was filmed before the end of WWII, and does not have the cliches of the latter crop of garbage that always refers to the holocost. Furthermore, I found it interesting part of the plot includes a black African solder is treated with respect and would be considered polictically correct today.

The only negative response I have for this DVD production is that Columbia Pictures needed to clean up the dirt and scratches on the negative, but on the good side the contrasts are crisp and clear.

Happy Viewing

Mark
Old 09-14-2003, 04:12 AM

Default Re: scratches

"The only negative response I have for this DVD production is that Columbia Pictures needed to clean up the dirt and scratches on the negative."

I'm sorry but I miss the negative aspect of that one. Are you implying that, in some way, they damaged the film in the process?

(If this is a pun on "negative", it's a great pun and I missed it.)