Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2001, 09:15 AM

Default Info about Pokerstat.

Hi All.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some info about pokerstat?? What can you do with it?? Is it any good?? Does it only work with ParadisePoker online?? Does it work with all games? etc.....

Thanks,

Daniel
Old 10-12-2001, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Info about Pokerstat.

I think the author answers most of your questions at the Pokerstat web site:

http://www.pokerstat.com/

I own it and find it useful and interesting.
Old 10-25-2001, 04:00 AM

I just purchased the program the other day, and it's not bad but somewhat difficult to use whlle playing.

You can download a trial version that gives you an excellent feel for the full version.

The difficulties I have with it are:

1. With players coming and going often (as they always do), it is impossible to keep up with those player changes.

2. I have not built up a database of any size. I guess this will improve with time, but I have very few amounts of hands played per opponent.

3. The format of the output is very difficult to follow. It's hard to find the information you need in the time allotted.

All-in-all, I believe it is probably worth the money I spent...time will tell!
Old 10-25-2001, 08:13 AM

You say you purchased the program. If my memory is correct according to the author I thought that this program was free since the author claimed when I questioned him about his constant posting of ads that he was not charging for it. If he is charging a fee, how much is it?
Old 10-25-2001, 09:26 AM

Default it\'s about 69.95$ Mason *NM*

Old 10-25-2001, 09:45 AM

Are you confusing Pokerstat with the free "AutoReq" program which only requests hand histories from P.P.?
Old 10-25-2001, 09:49 AM

Default If not...

Pokerstat is shareware. The "free" version only accepts a limited number of hand histories into its database.
Old 10-25-2001, 01:13 PM

Default Re: If not...

Perhaps I am confusing it with something else, but I don't think so. I deleted a couple of the authors ad/posts from our Internet forum and was attacked by him claiming that he was just giving it away. So I'm trying to figure out if I got the right program.
Old 10-25-2001, 01:30 PM

I'm been able to check it out and I am confusing Pokerstat with the free "AutoReq". So please ignore my other posts in this thread.

Thanks,

Mason