Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2003, 12:38 AM

Default SB vs BB play cards.

I've read that you can almost play any two from the SB ( any two suited any K any A etc. ) but what are you willing to stay w/ aftera raise from the BB? I think that this is probably the biggest leak in my game. Is it similar to what you would play in the SB or is it TOO different to make a distinction? Anyway, thanks.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:51 AM

Default Re: SB vs BB play cards.

Depends on a lot of factors, including what you think of the raiser, the number limpers (and cold-callers), and whether or not you fear a limp-reraise. Suited AXs and KXs can only be played for their flush value (meaning there better be a lot of limpers). You get in to too much trouble when you hang around with these hands and either flop your ace or king or your kicker, and often times it gets expensive. Suited connectors and pocket pairs play well, assuming you can get away from them if you don't flop a big draw. Avoid hands that can be dominated, like KJ or AT. Stick by this general rule of thumb: When you are in doubt, folding is never going to be a huge mistake.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:55 AM

Default Re: SB vs BB play cards.

Thanks gonores. I thought I might get a non answer or two in there. good post.