Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2003, 05:09 PM

Default AJo, What To Do

Fairly passive 3-6 at the now extinct Mohegan Sun. I believe what table image I have is that of a solid player. One player even commented that when I'm in a hand, I usually have a big hand.

I'm in MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

2 callers to me, I raise, couple more callers, and original limpers call, including the BB.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, all fold to me, I raise, one caller (very loose/passive player), and the BB calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

Again BB bets, I raise, LP player folds, and BB calls.

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

BB bets.

What did/do I do now?

I'll post the results later tonight.

Joe
Old 09-03-2003, 05:37 PM

Default Re: AJo, What To Do

Raise.

Edit: Sorry didn't see the comments at the beginning. In this case I'd possibly call if he's expecting you to have a big hand but still bets into you. I still like raising though.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:43 PM

If you think he might have a set, call, I feel he does, and I'd call. He knows who you are at the table, yet has not fear of betting into you, hopefully he is playing a hand like A9 stupidly.

Nice session BTW, looks like baby got new shoes!
Old 09-03-2003, 05:49 PM

I'd raise again. You weren't 3-bet so I can't believe you're up against a set. I'm guessing he's gonna turn over A9 with one or two diamonds. Maybe Ad4d also, but I think A9 is much more likely.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:52 PM

ummmmmm raise

id guess J9 or A9, I don't see how he could possibly have a set here as someone else suggested, unless this player doesn't know what the term "reraise" means.

Although the bet on the end does seem awfully strange to me after you raised him twice in a row. The only thing I can think is that the guy is an idiot. With you raising twice in a row, if he has a set he has to be thinking check raise on the river, knowing you definitely will bet.

I am anxious to see the results, this guy betting on the end is really bothering me
Old 09-03-2003, 05:52 PM

I can't see them not 3-betting a set. I realize these players are loose/semi-passive, but if he has a set, he hit it on the flop which only leaves deuces. As I think more, this is definitely possible, but I'm gonna raise him anyway as if he didn't 3-bet yet, I doubt he will again and I think the chances he has 2 pair or 2 diamonds with the Ad is more likely.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:01 PM

Already knowing your river decision, I think you played every street perfectly. I won't say why since I don't want to spoil the results.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see them not 3-betting a set. I realize these players are loose/semi-passive, but if he has a set, he hit it on the flop which only leaves deuces. As I think more, this is definitely possible, but I'm gonna raise him anyway as if he didn't 3-bet yet, I doubt he will again and I think the chances he has 2 pair or 2 diamonds with the Ad is more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was playing online I'd raise 100% here.

However, I'm seeing Joe U at the table, the comments abound but hold nothing to the stack size in front of him as this old man tighty is betting into the pre-flop raiser on every street. I know he was wearing a Syracuse jersey, but that calls for a 3-bet, not a 3x bet-into. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2003, 06:09 PM

...as this old man tighty is betting into the pre-flop raiser on every street.

Joe's opponent in this hand wasn't old, wasn't a man, and wasn't tight.

Does that change your opinion at all?
Old 09-03-2003, 06:15 PM

Nope. The 'cuse jersey deserves a 3-bet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]