Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2003, 11:14 PM

Default crazier than elsapo! party 2/4

so I have J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in EP. 2 calls and a fold and I raise. Button coldcalls, BB and limpers call.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, limpers call, I raise. Button coldcalls, BB 3 bets and we cap 5 ways.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets. At this point I know he has at least 97.
Limpers call, and I decide to cap 5 ways for value if I can.
Everyone obliges. $138 going to the river.

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets, limper calls, I decide to call on my billion to one pot odds after a limper folded, button folds.

Is my turn and flop play correct?
Old 09-04-2003, 04:34 AM

Default Re: crazier than elsapo! party 2/4

If I was certain that my main opponent had a straight, I wouldn't raise the turn with only 3 other opponents in the hand. I'd be too concerned that they couldn't withstand the action and leave me putting 3 bets into the pot on the turn with only the straight and maybe 1 other opponent coming along.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:36 AM

At this point I know he has at least 97. or at the most Q9?

I'm curious as to how you are able to put him on only two possible hands at this point???
Old 09-04-2003, 05:42 AM

I could make this read against many opponents. The Big Blind bet this rainbow flop into a pre-flop raiser (who just happens to have top set) and then 3-bet the flop and bet into the turn despite the flop getting capped.

The Big Blind certainly doesn't fear our hero having a big hand because he's got one himself. With many opponents, it means they have the nuts.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:25 AM

Plenty of people claim to be crazier than me, but it's not often they post messages on the internet about it.

...oh wait, you mean the 34o hand from the other day. Gotcha. That makes way more sense.

I'll guess you either lost to a flush or beat some sort of bizarre and strange no-pair no-draw total bluff.