Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2002, 03:20 AM

Default Would you agree with these statements ?

"This could be a hopeful moment in the Middle East. The United States must support the legitimate aspirations of the Palestinian people for a Palestinian state."

"Israel must recognize the goal of a Palestinian state. The outlines of a just settlement are clear: two states, Israel and Palestine, living side by side, in peace and security. Israel also must recognize that a Palestinian state needs to be politically and economically viable. "

"The proposal of Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, supported by the Arab League, puts a number of countries in the Arab world closer than ever to recognizing Israel's right to exist. The proposal builds on a tradition of visionary leadership, begun by President Sadat and King Hussein, and carried forward by President Mubarak and King Abdullah."

"Israel must understand that its response to the recent attacks must only be a temporary measure. All parties have their own responsibilities. And all parties owe it to their own people to act. Israeli settlement activity in occupied territories must stop. Israel should take immediate action to ease closures and allow peaceful people to go back to work."

Question : Who made these satements ?

1. Yassir Arafat.

2. Koffi Anan.

3. George Bush Jr.

4. Chris Alger.

5. Someone else : _______________
Old 08-26-2002, 02:00 PM

Default Someone else?......

.....didn't Bill Clinton make those remarks while getting a hummer in the Oval Office, despite dike Hillary waiting outside for him to sign "Don't ask, don't tell" legislation?
Old 08-26-2002, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Would you agree with these statements ?

All quotes from the mouth of George Bush!!

Old 08-26-2002, 04:39 PM

1. Yassir Arafat. - documented murderer

2. Koffi Anan. - documented murderer

3. George Bush Jr. - part of evil bush cabal (s&l , iran contra, cia, etc.)

4. Chris Alger. - admits hes a lawyer

is this your way of making politicians and lawyers look good?

brad

Old 08-26-2002, 06:33 PM

Default would you please elaborate on #2 thx n/t *NM*

Old 08-27-2002, 01:37 AM

Default Re: would you please elaborate on #2 thx n/t

when kofi was in charge of un peacekeepers in africa he granted refuge or whatever to one faction (gave them his (un) protection), then after they were disarmed let in the other faction to slaughter them.

i can get you documentation if you want.

but basically because they were all blacks nobody cared.

brad

p.s. talking like a really lot of people (tens of thousands? a hundred thousand?) alex jones talks about it all the time.

also its been in the papers about all the sex trade /sex slaves the un has in kosovo. (12 year old girls, that kind of stuff.)
Old 08-27-2002, 01:51 AM

Default Re: would you please elaborate on #2 thx n/t

cut and paste whole link into address bar. never mind the thread as i think its probably just junk but this article was in there.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ko...lm=e_N84.19130%24Mg.288613%40c01read03-admin.service.talkway.com&rnum=9
Old 08-27-2002, 04:37 AM

Default Anan

I will only address your point abt Kofi Anan. It was to Anan's personal interest as well as to the U.N.'s interest to see that no mass slaughters tok place in Rwanda. That this is exactly what happened was not Anan's fault. (The post you invoke is taken from a dialogue between two racists.)

I fail to see Anan's interest in allowing the massacres. He has no issue with either faction.

(About Arafat: show me someone who's leading eirther faction or country in this conflict that is not a "murderer", in any sense of the word, and I show you a dead man.)

--Cyrus
Old 08-27-2002, 04:41 PM

I agree for the most part with these statements made by Bush, but I also question whether the Arab states have any right not to recognize Israel's right to exist, period, regardless of whether Israel withdraws to pre-war borders...after all, Israel is recognized according to international law, and some of the territory Israel gained was due to a negotiated agreement between Israel and its neighbors--they traded land for an end to hostilities, so it takes a lot of balls on the Saudis' part to ask for that land to revert to the Arab states, IMO, as a precondition to recognition of Israel's right to exist. Don't the Arabic states' legal agreements with Israel mean anything? On a more positive note, it is a sign of a potentially productive direction.

One problem faced by Israel is that the Arab world "agreeing to recognize" Israel's right to exist is simply that many factions within the Arabic world won't, regardless of what their governments officially decide--and as long as these governments allow organized ant-Israeli militant groups to continue to exist within their own countries, Israel's security will likely be breached at some point. Examples along these lines would be Hezbollah, and the militant organizations of the Palestinians. So if Israel cedes land which is strategically important for a "agreement", it means little when the chips are down and the militants attack Israel. In order for Israel to have confidence that this agreement would do much, Israel needs to have confidence that anti-Israel militant groups would be broken up and be not tolerated by their own governments--a highly unlikely scenario. And if the recent information which Bush has acquired and publicized parts of is true, that Arafat actually is secretly funding and supporting terrorism while denouncing it publicly, we have a situation which must be corrected first. It is true that "first and foremost Israel requires a reliable partner for peace."

I do think Israel probably could at this point cease the further development of settlements in the occupied territories, however, and that this would be a positive step.

Old 08-27-2002, 07:32 PM

"and some of the territory Israel gained was due to a negotiated agreement between Israel and its neighbors--they traded land for an end to hostilities, so it takes a lot of balls on the Saudis' part to ask for that land to revert to the Arab states, IMO, as a precondition to recognition of Israel's right to exist. Don't the Arabic states' legal agreements with Israel mean anything?"

No Arab state has ever agreed, to my knowledge, that Israel has any right at all to do anything at all in the occupied territories except leave. Further, the only proposal for occupied land to revert to an "Arab state" involves the Golan Heights, which has little to do with the current crisis.

Do you really have some agreement in mind that I'm not aware of, or is this some half-remembered fake history from the Jewish Virtual Library?