Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2003, 02:22 PM

Default party 2/4 JJ

playing a rather loose party 2/4 game. I get dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP. 2 calls and 2 folds in front of me, I raise. Everyone including the blinds calls. 7 to the flop for 2 sb's.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Well, this'll get me action. Checked to me, I bet, ALL CALL. 10.5 BB's in the pot.

Turn: Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

A nice blank. Checked to me again, I bet and 5 callers. Someone folded, wow. 16.5 BB pot.

River: Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

KQ gets there, ugh. So, 3 checks to me, 2 left to act. Is this a valuebet or not? I bet, and 2 call.

Results to follow soon.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:31 PM

Default Re: party 2/4 JJ

I'd bet it. You can't be worried about just one card combination beating you. This is especially true if your opponents play aggresive with big draws.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:33 PM

It's an easy value bet. You can't check behind on the river with top set just because there is one hand that beats you.

-- Homer
Old 08-30-2003, 03:13 PM

I would bet here, what is the expression oh 100% of the time.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:58 PM

Extremely easy bet.

Jeff
Old 08-30-2003, 05:41 PM

Default Re: party 2/4 JJ Results

Given that 2 called, it should be clear that I won. AdTd and QsJs were the 2 callers. However, what happens when I'm raised or checkraised on this river?

Thanks all for the "Bet, you shmuck" responses. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I pretty much bet without thinking at the table then wondered afterwards about those types of things.