Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2003, 11:34 AM

Default Online no-limit tournament

New to the online games, so please be patient.

Can anyone recommend a good online no-limit tournament. For starters, it should be a relatively low buy-in.

Thanks for the help
Old 08-07-2003, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Online no-limit tournament

How low is low?

Less than $50?
Less than $10?

We'll be able to answer your question much better if you specify a little more.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:49 AM

anything under $50 to start out would be great.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:38 PM

you'll have a lot more trouble finding a tourney with over $50 buy-in than under. the only bigger ones are usually special events no more than once a week.

that said, here's a rundown of your top three places to go, in no particular order:

party - terrible players, tournaments usually draw massive numbers of people (400-800), buy-ins range from $1 to $50.

ultimatebet - bad players, tournaments usually draw medium amounts of people (150-300), buy-ins range from $1 to $50.

stars - decent players, tournaments usually draw medium amounts of people. i'm not sure on the exact range of buy-ins, but unless they added new features recently i believe $10 to $50.

the best tournament software goes stars, ub, party. stars has a more advanced structure with an ante in the later stages, like the big in person tourneys. i hear party has fixed their all in to roll cards one at a time, but i still dislike their software. whatever you choose, playing one tourney at the cheapest buy-in (or signing up for one of the random crappy freerolls) is a good way to get acquainted with the software.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hear party has fixed their all in to roll cards one at a time...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but they don't bother to turn over the players' cards. Don't really see the point.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:45 AM

have a look at all or any of paradisepoker, partypoker, pokerstars, and ultimatebet and your requirements should be met
Old 08-07-2003, 11:50 AM

Stars has the best tourney software. They have $1-3 multitable tourneys that regularly attract +300 people. They're a perfect learning tool or just some cheap fun. Then the buyins go up to 10/20/30/50/100/200. Most of the other sites have single table tourneys as low as $5.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:59 AM

I would reccomend Party Poker. They have $1 buy in multi-table tournaments. They draw up over 700 people. The one that is going on right now has 838 actually. They are sattelites and I believe if you keep winning in whatever they enter you in, you can qualify for a seat in the World Poker Tour.

They also have a couple of 20+2 tournaments a day. The competition is typical: lots of bad players early on, and some good competition when you get in the money.

Also, they have freerolls that you can play in if you play in a lot of raked hands in a time period of a week or two. I started with one of those, and that was a lot of fun for the perfect price.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:28 PM

UKPoker has free-roll multi-table tourneys, and they're good practice. For some you have to use frequent player points, but some are totally free (for a prize pool of $10 or something ridiculous like that, but hey they're free!)