Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 12:46 PM

Default How do I play this hand?

Sup everyone, Im new posting, but always reading...But I was just curious if I played this hand incorrectly and would like to see how you all would've played this hand...I run a $1/$2 NL Game on Fridays and its now Saturday morning and we are down to 6 players...EP is tight aggressive, MP1 is a loose/aggressive player, MP2 is a passive player...Everyone has a decent stack in front of them after playing all night long...Everyone is averaged about $350 in front of them...

we are down to 6 handed and I have Pocket 2's

and its a limped pot 4 players to the pot
Pot: $8

Flop: A K 5 Rainbow
Everyone Checks
Turn: 2
EP: Bets $10
MP1: Raises to $25
MP2: Calls $25
My action: ?????

What would you do now and I'll post what I did after I see what you all would do...This is where I can see if I played this hand incorrectly...
Old 12-20-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: How do I play this hand?

add stack sizes and whether the turn completed the rainbow.

for purposes of argument, I'll assume stack sizes are within the proper SSNL guidelines (>200). Push all in.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:53 PM

I'd make it about $100 here and call a push.

I'm guessing since you posted it, you ran into a blind's 34 or 55, no other hand thats beating you makes too much sense here.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:05 PM

Everyone is over $200...Avg, chip stack is about $350...

Well my action, I raised it to $100 to go...

EP Folds
MP1-Pushes all in for an additional $275 +/-
MP2-Calls the all in...
My action: (Keep in mind MP1 is now getting cocky with it and MP2 is now sayin call that [censored] over and over)...
Old 12-20-2005, 01:18 PM

Is MP2 someone that would limp in with 34s? Would MP1 limp AA or KK going for a limp re-raise? I think there is a good chance MP1 has 55, but they say that set over set happens so little that you should go bust when it does...he could easily have two pair. I have a harder time putting MP2 on a hand. Whatever he has, he played it very badly..ahead or behind.

I'd call here, I couldn't lay down a set on this board.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:25 PM

MP 2 is passive and has called a raise reraise and reraise all in...I think you are probably behind. Worst case scenario someone has a straight and someone else has a higher straight.....best case you are up against a couple of random 2 pair hands. I'd be afraid here, but I might call, then puke if i'm behind....I think you are losing though so I don't think a fold is that bad, but it's a big pot and you already have a lot of cash in there...i'd probably go ahead and put it in.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:40 PM

Well because of all the talking going on and them wanting me to call so badly, I folded my set.
Both of them had 34o for the wheel...

River: 5
to fill me up

The reason why I was asking this is because I feel after thinking about it, I could've just smooth called the $25 for me to see the 5...It was very hard to put them on 34 which is why I raised to just take the pot down there...but the turn gave them nuts.

was I wrong to stick a raise in there and not call knowing after some thinking that at least 1 of them had a straight and try and suck out my boat?