Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 12:43 PM

Default ($109) Some situations I dont know how to handle

Hi,

I'm playing 109$ Sngs at Party (1350 Sngs, 37% ITM, 16% ROI) and there are some situations I don't know how to handle.

1.) 6/7-handed, 50/100 Blinds, Stack 600-700, I'm UTG, SB and BB got average Stack and I got a pair like 55-77. No read on their calling range. Is this an easy push?

2.) 10/15 Blinds, AKs in LP and someone openraises to a ridicilous amount like 250. No callers. Fold / Call / Push?

3.) 15/30 - 25/50 Blinds, 1 UTG Limper, everybody else folds, sb completes and I check with garbage. Flop is Rag Rag Rag and I hit TPWK. SB checks, I make a pot size bet and UTG minraises. What to do?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: ($109) Some situations I dont know how to handle

1. fold

2. shove

3. check call, go from there.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:59 PM

1. Neither easy, nor impossible. All the other stacks will make a difference, but this is often a push, especially 77.

2. This doesn't happen a lot, so it's hard to say. Usually people need a minraise in front of them before they do something like that. If it were a regular decent player, I would fold for sure. If I knew the player were a donk for sure, I would push. Not knowing the player, I'd probably fold.

3. Sounds like an easy fold. Maybe a call if you have another draw in there.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:25 PM

1) Easy push. It gets closer with 22-44.

2) Fold. Remember, AK is still Ace-high.

3) Could go either way. Probably a fold though if you have no reads.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:30 PM

Wow, I can't believe that the answers I gave were totally contradictory to everyone elses.

1. 77 I usually push, but 55 and 66 tend to be grey area, and I find that when I am playing badly, it is usually due to me being too loose.

2. I disagree with TD and MB here for a few reasons. First off, a large opening raise is almost never AA-QQ. Also, the fact that you are holding an ace and a king means that you will very rarely be dominated here. Against any other hand you will be no worse off than a coinflip if called. When you add in that shoving will give you a good amount of FE, folding means that you are passing on a +ev situation.

3. This hand is a very difficult decision, which is usually why I don't lead out in this situation. As the hand played out, I like a fold here generally.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:50 PM

1. Depends on table. Probably push this like 60% and fold it 40%.
2. Fold... first off you have no FE against someone who open raises ~16 BB imo and more often than not this is a donk w/ 88-TT in my experience. Also risking your tournament stake during first lvl in a marginal situation like this is -EV imo.
3. I hate this situation also. Check I guess and play it from there.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:02 PM

I agree with gintron, except for 1. I'd fold 60% and push 40% depending on the table