Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2002, 04:15 PM

Default Pitiful Quote From Mike Tyson

"I don't want money. I want greatness," Tyson said. "Money is like sand to me. I squeeze it real hard, and it gets away. It's just like women. Sometimes I squeeze them too hard, then I turn around, and they're gone."

It's all his fault, and no sympathy for a rapist, but still tragic. I remember the mid '80s very well, and believe me, Tyson could've & should've been bigger & more popular than Tiger & MJ ever thought of being. The undisputed heavyweight championship dwarfs any other sports title; only the World Cup comes close.

Possibly the greatest waste of talent & opportunities of any person in history. Hopefully, he doesn't hurt anyone else on his final descent. The best he can hope for is to become a pitiable, helpless charity case, like how Joe Louis wound up.

Cus D'Amato & Jimmy Jacobs only cared about his boxing skills, but Mike was still too smart to let this all happen. He shoulda saved time by getting into crack & heroin, rather than hookup w/Don King & Robin Givens.

"It's useless to blame others when you destroy yourself." - Public Enemy
Old 06-10-2002, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Pitiful Quote From Mike Tyson

What most people don't understand is the fact that what made Tyson as great as he was in the first place, is the mind-set that eventually brought him down in the end.