Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 03:21 AM

Default 2-7 TD Should I have broken this?

I'm pretty much a n00b at this game so all advice is very much appreciated. Especially, would you even play this hand to begin with? Also would the decision to break or stand pat be different if you weren't so shortstacked like I was?

Euri10's TD converter

Hand number: null
Level: $4/$8
Players:
Button($482) seat 0
SB($385) seat 1
Hero($42) seat 2
UTG($183) seat 3

Button at seat 0

SB posts. Hero posts.

Hand: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round 1(0.75BB)

UTG raises. Button folds. SB folds. Hero calls. Hero takes 2. UTG takes 2.

Hand: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round 2(2.25BB)

Hero checks. UTG bets. Hero
raises
. UTG re-raises. Hero
re-raises
. UTG calls. Hero stands pat. UTG stands pat.

Hand: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round 3(6.25BB)

Hero bets. UTG raises. Hero raises All In. UTG calls. Hero stands pat. UTG stands pat.

Round 4(10.25BB)
Old 12-11-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: 2-7 TD Should I have broken this?

Don't play shortstacked! That's what the fish do. Never get all in. I would have drawn 3 initially but after that I think you must stand pat here with the nut 87.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-11-2005, 03:59 PM

lol, yea but i'm a fish tho so i'm allowed to play like one. thanks for the response, i nearly drew 3 but for some reason decided not to. I very nearly broke on the last draw but decided that i shouldnt and he showed down an 87632. I just wasn't sure whether or not it was the right decision.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:04 PM

Once you get past 2/4, the game pretty much operates on a "nobody every believes you have anything, everybody wants to make you break" rule. People get a lot more aggressive with bad hands, which means you can't go breaking mediocre hands like 87432 whenever someone throws bets at you.