Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Removing ability to delete posts

OOT is currently getting all [censored]-up by someone who is "ninja bumping", replying to old threads and then deleting their replies in order to get the thread to the top. I really think the ability to delete a post should be removed. If someone wants to get rid of what they said they could just edit it to a blank post.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Removing ability to delete posts

Agree. It's worth the occasional issue of posting something you then change your mind about and can't delete (but can still edit to be blank), than put up with some retarded ninjabumping.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:28 AM

If it's possible to disable the delete feature for one minute after a post is made, that would be nice. I think that completely disabling the delete feature is a bad idea.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's possible to disable the delete feature for one minute after a post is made, that would be nice. I think that completely disabling the delete feature is a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

:nod:
Old 12-03-2005, 07:14 PM

What about changing it so that when we delete a post it just changes the body to "Post Deleted by User" similar to if a mod deleted it?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about changing it so that when we delete a post it just changes the body to "Post Deleted by User" similar to if a mod deleted it?

[/ QUOTE ]

At some time that's what happened. I've deleted posts and seen what you suggest (or similar) and I've seen everything gone, also. Does/did it have to do with whether a reply was posted?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...retarded ninjabumping...

[/ QUOTE ]

When this happens, I think the "bumpers" s/n shows as being the last poster. I think I've noticed this. If it's a problem, and enough complaints are made, the mods will probably do something about it.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does/did it have to do with whether a reply was posted?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. If someone has replied to your post, you can no longer remove it completely. It will be replaced by the "Post deleted..." text. So, if you are going to delete one of your own posts, it helps to do it before anyone posts a reply.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When this happens, I think the "bumpers" s/n shows as being the last poster. I think I've noticed this. If it's a problem, and enough complaints are made, the mods will probably do something about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it shows the date and time as the ninja bumper's post, but shows the name of the last poster there, unless you catch the post index before the ninja bump is deleted.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were the one that caught the guy last night, right? That was pretty good. I am thinking instead of changing the software they could hire you as a private detective. Maybe you can start an agency. Then we could have a forum for Internal Affairs. Because, who would police the police?

craig

No, it shows the date and time as the ninja bumper's post, but shows the name of the last poster there, unless you catch the post index before the ninja bump is deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]