Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Had my worst night ever in poker

Down $500 in 32 $22 tournaments. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Now I remember why I didn't move up sooner. Would feel sick losing $2000+ in a night.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Had my worst night ever in poker

Had a bad one myself... they happen!

Keep your head up kid!
Old 12-02-2005, 02:15 AM

Dude, thats a pretty ugly downswing in only 32 games. Tilt? or are you still playing your A game and just taking bad beats, or card dead?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:16 AM

Thanks buddy! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, thats a pretty ugly downswing in only 32 games. Tilt? or are you still playing your A game and just taking bad beats, or card dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will have to look over the HH but not much tilt if any. The usual AA losing, KK running into KK and losing it to a flush, straight to full house, full house to 4 of a kind, etc. Lost every single coinflip on the bubble. Meh, will try again tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:21 AM

My day:

Dropped $300 at the $33s. Slowly made $100 of it back. Decided to F-it and just play a couple of $55s. Made $300 playing 2 $55s. So up $100 for the day.

So clearly the solution to your problem is to move up in limits. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 AM

I will try that play next time. This grinding stuff sucks anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Plus I sure moved up in the leaderboard with 1 1st and 1 2nd in 4 hours of play.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will have to look over the HH but not much tilt if any. The usual AA losing, KK running into KK and losing it to a flush, straight to full house, full house to 4 of a kind, etc. Lost every single coinflip on the bubble. Meh, will try again tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

even though you might not be angry and therefore "tilting", losing this many buy ins may cause you to play different. try taking a break for a while, even though not playing feels like you're losing potential money.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Down $500 in 32 $22 tournaments. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Now I remember why I didn't move up sooner. Would feel sick losing $2000+ in a night.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not believe this, and others may disagree... but if you are playing at the appropriate limit, losing hurts exactly the same no matter what the specific dollar amount is.

You know you are playing too high if you feel stupid for losing.

Irieguy
Old 12-02-2005, 05:03 AM

Decided to move up 100% to PS 25+2. Also decided to finally try out a PS mod. Decided to do both at the same time plus decided to try out 5-tabling.

Result 1: table per hours skyrocketed over the first 10 tourneys. Average tourney time at about 10 mins.

Result 2: Discovered that I cannot make out the 100s chips on a darkish grey felt. Discovered that I am willing to start new tourneys nevertheless, handling 5 tables simultaneously the first time plus fiddling with MSpaint to get a better background plus searching on 2+2 for other mods. 5 tourneys later (15 total) I'm down like 13.5 buy ins. Great! But I have a new background to try out.

Enter break. Enter reflection. Enter selfdepreciation. Smoking in the garden. Blew $250 like an 1d1ot! Regroup!

Back at the tables. Play 10 more. 3 1st, 3 2nd, 1 3rd, getting lucky + playing 95% good poker. -> up a 100$ for the night.